Highlighted

what did I do can i fix this ???? HELP please

hi guys...well im form germany and bought my sansa view last year in the USA where i spent my exhange year.

well it worked pretty well and suddendly i had problems to unlock it. Sometimes it worked..sometimes it didnt.

Today I had the same problem again and tried to press instead the reset (which forces the player to turn off) more buttons...cuz i thought i can bring it in the main menue.

I held the switch up and "Sansa Disk" appeared..now thats the point where it usually showed me the lock thing so i wanna avoid that and pressed at the wheel the upper middle (like to play for ipod).

Suddently it shows my in blue print "Please wait....erasing"

and than everything is gone.....when  turn it on...the blue lights of the wheel turn on and keep on shining....there on for like 3 hours now...and a black screen...

what did i do?? and how can I fix it???

please help me guysss...

Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Re: what did I do can i fix this ???? HELP please

You formatted it. Connect it to the computer and load the firmware up again.
Highlighted

hey hank you...i just downloaded the latest firmware off another thread in this forum...but wehn it comes to connect my view to the computer it does not recognize it anymore.

I run Windowes XP and when i connect it it searches for a suitable driver but doesnt find one....

what can I do??

Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Put in Recovery Mode.

Recovery Mode

Recovery mode looks similar to the Sansa E200. You can initiate recovery mode by doing the following steps:

• Turn the Sansa View completely off. To turn completely off, hold the power button for about 5 seconds instead of a quick press.
  • Switch the hold switch to the hold position.
  • Hold down the 'Home' button, and while still holding, plug the USB cable in.
  • A partition named "16MB-FORMAT" comes up as a USB MSD.
  • Copy your firmware files to your device.
  • It will reboot and you're all set.

Warning: Only move firmware files to the device when in recovery mode. Do not format the device while recovery mode. Do not interrupt file transfers while in recovery mode. Disobeying these warnings may or may not brick your player, but I'm not going to be the one to test them. However, I have recovered from several bad flashes using the above method.

Highlighted

hi yelped,

well i feel kinda dumb but..it wont work ...

i followed your steps....i swithed my sansa compleatly off by holding the switch up for about 5 second. As the blue lights disappeared i moved that switch back to hold poition. I hold down the "home" button, whch is for me the button on the right upper corner of the wheel and plugged in the USA cable.

I can hear a "bing" out of my speakers, like when im connecting any other device, but the window wont come up so i couldnt follow the last few steps ....

im sorry...can you help me?

Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Go to My Computer and you should see the 16MB Recovery Partition.

PS: The instructions are from Rockbox, not from me.