Accepted Solution

referb 16gb or wait?

I had Sansa Fuze. Sound was excellent, but video was not. So it went back to Target...

Can any one with both players, View and Fuze recommend View over Fuze?

I might consider investing $72 for referb 16gb

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16855125065

or should I wait for a new version? Is there any rumor about View v2?

tia.

SanDisk Senior User

Re: referb 16gb or wait?

My two cents....I picked up the refurb (same price) and (1) I'm 100% happy with the music, and (2) pretty satisfied with video.  I always thought I'd have a very nice USB drive if it didn't work well as a media player, but so far so good.  I have to admit I have all the annoyances others here report (battery life, duplicate filenames, lockups) but for 16GB I can take it.

Matt

Well, neweegg have made decision for me already. The item is 'deactivated'... what ever this means... I guess, they run out of stock and not expecting getting them back in stock...

SanDisk Senior User

Alex, got mine at Overstock.com...mid-70s looks like the average price for the 16gb refurb.  I suspect you'll see it again...I'd recommend visiting bensbargains.net to check.

Matt

Matt,

Thank you. I'll keep searching. All websites currently out of stack or offering only refurb 8gb.

I hope sansa will release something new in month or two.... (I hope)

SanDisk Senior User

I'll post back here if I see anything!

Matt

I purchased my 16gig View from Overstock.Com, also a refurb. I've had it for a few months now and have had no problems with it.

I paid around $85 for it.

SanDisk Senior User

Please wait. Do not buy the Sansa VIew yet. I like my View, but its been about a year since a Sandisk has released any sort of Video player, which fits in with average production schedules. Also, Sandisk may go under by the end of the year, which would really leave you high and dry. I just want to caution you to do your research, because you'd hate it if you got a view now, and in March a new Video player came out that was crazy awesome and everyone drools over it. Smiley Very Happy
SanDisk Professor

That's right.

Ok, will wait. Maybe will get a 1-2gb clip for now 'cause a need something to temporally replace fuze.

thank you all!