Highlighted

"secure lock"

When i try to download songs, I get error messages that say "Problem with obtaining the device's secure lock", and the songs wont load.
Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Re: "secure lock"

[ Edited ]

try to format it from the device itself (i believe its under More > System Settings > format ) then authorize again your player... if this doesn't work, try reloading the firmware.  what music subscription service are you using?

EDIT:::

try this first:

hold ctrl + shift on the keyboard then rightclick on the player. you will see a pop-up; choose 'reset secure clock'

Message Edited by marqck on 02-04-2009 12:23 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk User

When you try to download songs from what? Or do you mean when you try to put them on your Sansa?
Highlighted

Sorry. When i try to load songs on the player from Rhapsody. At the bottom of the screen on the player there is a red cirlce with a line thru it. Never seen it before and i cant get rid of it. cant find any mention of it in the sorry excuse for an instruction guide.
Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

try to format your player using windows media player on MTP mode.  This will set the clock correctly on the player (make sure that your computer have a correct time).  Also said on the earlier post, hold ctrl + shift then right click on the player... it will enable you to choose "reset secure clock"...

if you already tried that and other kinds of format + firmware update, you may need to request for a replacement.