Highlighted

"Blue ring of death" black screen. computer wont recognize...

When i turn my Sansa View on there is just the "Blue Ring of Death" and the screen or anything else doesnt light up. i plug it in my computer, doesnt recognize it.

I put it in hold and hold the left button and plug it in, but that doesnt make it a removable disk.

MPT mode is just the normal "Sansa View" mode right? not the removable drive? well both modes dont seem to be working.

So im not sure what to do..

also, im not sure if it can be taken apart, so i can take the battery out and back in?

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: "Blue ring of death" black screen. computer wont recognize...

Sounds serious...  I would recommend calling tech support.
Highlighted
AO

Any luck on your problem.  I have the same problem and contact tech support, but I have not heard from them yet.  I hope they will replace the item. 

Highlighted

I had this because of a force format.  Read this: http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=view&thread.id=6259
Highlighted

i called the customer support today. He walked me through the different steps already mentioned here on the forum. aparently when you put the Player in Hold and hold down the home button there is supposed to be an icon in my computer that comes up saying "16mb format" or something. This never came up, i tried multiple times. He said that my player is probably defective and i can probably qualify for a replacement. This is good.

The player is not mine, it's my girlfriend's, so i just need to find out where she bought the player from, call them back up, tell them my reference code that they gave me, and probably get a replacement. It's a shame it couldnt be fixed.

IF the 16mb format icon would have appeared he would have had me install the newest firmware.

I hope this helps any of you who's view isnt totally destroyed.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

[ Edited ]

I had the same problem. Here are the steps (tech support told me this, but he tried to put the word doc in, it took me 2min to realise that a sansa can't handle a word doc)

• Go into the other mode (HOLD AND <<  ) then connect
  • download firmware, delete the word doc and go into the folder
  • IF the 16mb format shows up drag and drop the files inside the folder there should be 4-6 (I forget the real #)
  • disconnect sansa and restart it
  • DONE
Message Edited by darknoob on 06-08-2008 07:25 AM
Message Edited by darknoob on 06-08-2008 07:27 AM

[ Edited ]

I know that they are two completely different players, but I had the Blue Ring problem with my Sansa E260. There was a repair program that i had to download to be able to access the 16MB format partition, I was then instructed to add a blank file called Sansa.fmt to the 16MB Format, and restart the player, then to reinstall the firmware. I don't know if it would be the same for the view, but I don't see why it shouldn't

Message Edited by Fullmetal99012 on 11-10-2008 06:57 PM