Highlighted

battery doesnt hold up...

i am a new guy on the forum here, but i have a quick question for anyone whom may know.  my battery on my sansa view 8gb does not last any longer than 4hrs. when i know its supposed to last longer than that. can i solve this problem by installing a new battery (but i have not seen a battery kit for the sandisk view), or do i need to send it to sandisk? i have one month left on the one year warranty, but im trying to figure out how to register my view online and i cant seem to find it...

thanks and have a good one!

Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Re: battery doesnt hold up...

This topic has been discussed a lot here, so you might search the forum for "battery life" and you'll find tons of information. Here are the basics:

• If you have firmware version 1.02.09, either upgrade to 1.03.02 or downgrade to 1.01.06. Version 1.02.09 had major problems with battery life.
  • When you shut down the player hold the power switch for 10 seconds. If you don't do that, the battery continues to drain after it has been shut down
  • High bit rate mp3s drain the battery faster (use a constant bit rate of 192 or less). Licences (Rhapsody) also seem to add a drain to the battery.
  • Don't listen to music too loud (that will be good for your ears also)
  • If you just got the player, give it time. Charge it completely, and use it till its drained a few times. The battery life should get longer with time.
  • Try charging the player from one of the USB ports on the back of the computer. Some have reported that the front ports sometime offer a lower voltage.
  • You can set the screen brightness a bit lower, and make sure it goes black after a few seconds on its own. The screen backlight drains a lot.

V.

Highlighted

Re: battery doesnt hold up...

alrighty, i took a look at your bulletins you posted and that helped a bit. thanks and have a nice one!!