Highlighted

album art/track problems???

[ Edited ]

So, I have been putting up with my 16g View's quarks for over a year now.  Most of which I do not mind, however - I recently hit 3,000 songs and my View has been slower than ever.  I have a hard time skipping through songs in shuffle mode, etc.  So I went back through and untagged my album art thinking maybe this is what was causing the problems - now some albums have art and some don't.  All the files are roughly the same size, so what gives?  Also, in albums I create myself, songs do not play in track order eventhough they are tagged.  Any ideas?  I do not want to do a firmware update as that seems to cause more problems than it fixes.  Especially since my battery life is amazing.  Any ideas (besides getting a new mp3 player) would be helpful.  I have tried re-formatting, I wipped it about 3 times in the last month or so trying to get it back to "normal."  I also do not use WMP, I drag and drop.

As a P.S. - untagging the album art has helped with my shuffle problems incase anyone else is having a similar problem, unfortunatley you get spotty album art.

Message Edited by HelloKittyKrazy on 10-20-2009 05:39 PM
Highlighted

Re: album art/track problems???

Well, I figured out HALF of my problem.  I went back and deleted all the album art that wasn't showing and re-saved it and poof there it is.  Maybe from now on I will drag and drop the songs, then go back thru and add the art.

I still am at a loss with the tracks not playing in order if anyone has any ideas.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: album art/track problems???

If you're talking about playing in the order in which they are arranged on the album, you'll have to edit the tags with a program like MP3Tag and add the track number to the song title. Example: 01 - Gimme Your Money Please, 02 - Blue Collar, 03 -Takin' Care Of Business, etc.

Otherwise, the songs will play in alphabetical order by track name.