Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Windows Vista Home Premium SP2

I have a sansa view 8g, it was connected with my computer on Windows Vista Home Premium SP1. After upgraded to SP2, my computer is recognized sansa view but it cannot find driver. It is searching driver for a long time and final result is fail. I can connect it by Window XP. Please help!!!
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Windows Vista Home Premium SP2

@everydaylove wrote:
I have a sansa view 8g, it was connected with my computer on Windows Vista Home Premium SP1. After upgraded to SP2, my computer is recognized sansa view but it cannot find driver. It is searching driver for a long time and final result is fail. I can connect it by Window XP. Please help!!!
Vista Home Premium doesn't have an SP2 yet, unless you are running a Beta of some type. This is where I suspect your issue lies. I would try and roll back your computer. And make sure you get your updates directly from Microsoft.

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

I have Vista Home Premium (64-bit), and I downloaded SP2 through Windows Update last week. I believe the update was dated 5/26/09.

Do the 32- and 64-bit versions of the OS get SPs at the same time?

UPDATE: I just connected my View for the first time since installing SP2, and all appears well. When I first connected in MSC mode, I got a message something like "There may be bad files, do you want to scan?" The scan found no errors, and the PC correctly displayed the player as "SANSA VIEW G:" and "External Memory H:" (or whatever) under Devices with Removable Storage. I disconnected and changed modes to Auto-defect and reconnected. It displayed as "Sansa View" under Portable Devices. I don't believe the SP2 is his problem unless there was an error durring installation.

Message Edited by gwk1967 on 06-09-2009 04:30 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk User

I did the same thing.. set it to MSC mode, connected it, changed back to auto-detect. That is the only way I got Sansa to work with SP2.. i got really lucky Smiley Happy
Highlighted

I am using Windows vista home premium SP2 32bit. Today, I have switched to MSC mode, my computer is recognized my sansa. The flash drive is shown in my computer. After that, I changed it to Auto Detect mode, my computer do not find out the drive for my sansa. Please let me know how to solve this.