Accepted Solution

Will Sandisk just leave me out to rot like that?

I had a bad headphone jack issue that started in April of 09', so I called tech support and they said it would be best if I send it in, the tech support women recommended I send it to Louisiana which I was going to from Detroit,MI, because the time of arrival was in question because the move was coming up, I sent it to the apartment, in Louisiana, so it so happened got there before my arrival, which was driving and took 2 days because of stops; but the moral of the story is when i arrivied to the apartment i never saw my new sansa view in the mail or at the designated front door, since i wasnt there to sign the delivery, was it the UPS driver's fault? or it would be my lost? sandisk put out a tracking order for me which is already taken 2 weeks, with 1 to go, im hoping they will send a replacement? or will they leave me out to hang? *any reply would be appreciated*
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Re: Will Sandisk just leave me out to rot like that?

@detroitsansa wrote:
I had a bad headphone jack issue that started in April of 09', so I called tech support and they said it would be best if I send it in, the tech support women recommended I send it to Louisiana which I was going to from Detroit,MI, because the time of arrival was in question because the move was coming up, I sent it to the apartment, in Louisiana, so it so happened got there before my arrival, which was driving and took 2 days because of stops; but the moral of the story is when i arrivied to the apartment i never saw my new sansa view in the mail or at the designated front door, since i wasnt there to sign the delivery, was it the UPS driver's fault? or it would be my lost? sandisk put out a tracking order for me which is already taken 2 weeks, with 1 to go, im hoping they will send a replacement? or will they leave me out to hang? *any reply would be appreciated*

First why send it to the appartment unless you were going to be there for like the next two months. Also you dont need to sign the delevery i didnt when mine was replaced for a cracked screen. I would call sansa and tell them what happened and you still dont have a new one and give the name of the person you talked to and go from there.

i wrote that wrong, i sent it may 26th and they didnt receive it until early june then mailed it out, while we was on the way, u think sandisk will send me a new one, recently UPS came by to have me verify i didnt get it, they said they will forward that to sandisk. is that a step closer?
SanDisk Professor

Probably.

alright thanks, appreciate the replies

That's pretty sad when the accepted solution is "probably".  Maybe we should ALL email Sandisk support and let them know that their support system is one of the worst in the field.  I think I'll start a new thread entitled " Sandisk support - does it exist?".  If an email falls in the cyberforest and nobody hears it, does it make a sound?  These and other exciting concepts will be explored in detail in the abovementioned thread.