Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Re: Where do you download your movies?

Scorpious,

Yeah, but when ever I use AVC, it doesn't give me the option of converting to wmv, only to avi?? 
How do you get it to convert to wmv?
BTW - I'm using the free trail version...
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Question;  What's the offical website for handbrake...

Highlighted

handbrake.fr

which is funny cause the site is all in english

My favorite feature is that I can tell it to make a 500 mb file and it will adjust the bitrate and everything accordingly.  also you can queue up a bunch of jobs and then tell the computer to shut down one go to stand by.

I was able to get the entire lord of the rings trilogy (extended edtion) down to 2.2 gb and it looks great.
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
it's the last one in the drop down box.. it says customized WMV movie (.Wmv). just leave the settings the way they are, they work fine. i have the free version, not the trial.  http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/ . that might be the reason. the free version work perfect. i compared the free version and the pay version and it looks like it just has a few more perks that we don't need, like converting them to ipod and zune files. hope this helps.

Message Edited by Scorpius on 02-05-2008 05:45 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk User

hi guys,

I just got this sansa view 16  and i am new to all gadgets tho not computer...i tried the limewire..and saved a few songs and movies to my pc..but when i went there..the files would not come up..unless i was in the MY COMPUTER and then when i tried to convert them to both sansa converter, or the any converter i downloaded today, they were rejected....help!

thanks!
Highlighted
SanDisk User

SCORPIUS-

okay i think i am losing my last marble...since i got this sansa..view 16 gb (i have a pc with xwindows)- i have been following all the leads herein...

first i tried downloading from bittorent a movie - the matrix...i then tried sansa converter...no go...i then tried anyconverter - no go....

then i tried downloading my own vid...abyss which now i put thru the download rip - dvdshrink and then dvd clone, = bad media would not transfer to sansa...so then i took and used any coonverter...nothing...then i used dvd HANDBRAKE...which everyone swears takes commercial movies - no go...so then i put it thru the anyconverter...and nothing...

so then i picked up some dvd at the library...no go...

then i tried using something smaller...like a utube video i like and used dvd anyconverter and that didnt work...

i ran out of ideas...

help....can you tell me step by step what you do with limewire -

step by step what you do with cd dvds?

i would appreciate anything ...but preferably step by step...this is all new to me...tho i am saavy at other programs...

WITH UNLIMITED GRATITUDE,

debra

Highlighted
SanDisk User

feyde-

okay i think i am losing my last marble...since i got this sansa..view 16 gb (i have a pc with xwindows)- i have been following all the leads herein...

first i tried downloading from bittorent a movie - the matrix...i then tried sansa converter...no go...i then tried anyconverter - no go....

then i tried downloading my own vid...abyss which now i put thru the download rip ..then i used dvd HANDBRAKE...which everyone swears takes commercial movies - no go...so then i put it thru the anyconverter...and nothing...

so then i picked up some dvd at the library...no go...

i would appreciate anything ...but preferably step by step...this is all new to me...tho i am saavy at other programs...

debra

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Videos/T.V. Shows: Limewire (I use Sansa Media Converter to convert and transfer them to the view)

Movies: Actual DVD's (I rip the DVD's that I own by using DVD Shrink 3.2, and then convert them,

using CloneDVDmobile)

SanDisk User

promised planet i am sending out an sos:-)),

was looking at this page and thought u might be able to solve my problemo...i have a 09 version..

i had HUGE problems downloading movies first using sansa view converter, than any converter, until someone told me about dvd shrink + dvd clone...tho i did manage to download in only 7 hours:-)) an unbox movie, the THOMAS CROWN affair..yesterday...

so i took my movie PRACTICAL MAGIC (that i bought) and i did all the above for like 5th time and this time i noticed that it did download but that i was not SEEING IT...i clicked accidentally on the EMPTY space above my music vids all titled and it went straight to the movie...THERE WAS NO TITLE...

2 THINGS wre happening...i couldnt name it...and i couldnt find the others that probably are hidden in there as well since my MEMORY IS SHOWING 2GB left after only imputting 2 movies and 22 songs and 4 music vids - 8 pics...i mean 14 GB gone.. i cant find the memory file allocation on sansa or pc...wierd!

INVISIBLE FILES...

and now I THOUGHT  i will try to download another movie which i labeled CONTACT MP4 after i did the dvd clone and when I TRIED To enter it...the file said I ALREADY HAD A FILE THERE (NONAME) WOULD I want to TRANSFER OVER IT...not!

WHAT can i do to recuperate memory - delete hidden files if they are not showing anywhere on pc or sansa...?

and HOW CAN I CONTINUE IMPUTTING MOVIES IF IT DOESNT RECOGNIZE THAT THEY ARE DIFFERENT, AND ...

HOW CAN I LABEL THEM SO THAT I SEE THEM ON THE SANSA?

gratefully - 2 left feet debra

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Sorry, I have no experience with the Sansa View ...