Highlighted
SanDisk User

WMP stopped syncing at 88%

i was syncing songs onto my sansa view with windows media player...it got to 88% and then the computer made the sound it makes whenever you plug something into the USB port on a windows xp.  And just like that it was like the computer did not recognize the sansa view anymore. 

I'm worried that my view might be damaged if the WMP stopped syncing it before it was finished...do i have anything to worry about?

Also, i'm not sure if this was coincidence or what, but computer stopped recognizing the sansa view as soon as i sent an instant message on MSN Messenger.  I mean as soon as i hit enter to send the message, the sync stopped. 
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: WMP stopped syncing at 88%

ill also add that all the songs i was syncing seem to be on the view however, which is kinda confusing
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

You should check to see if your device is full.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

theres bout 6 gb of space open
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

did you try syncing again. Sometimes there will be a bad file in your song list that will stop the sync in the middle of it.
Try to restart the device by holding the power up for about 10 seconds and plug back into your PC and try the sync again.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

1nonly wrote:
did you try syncing again. Sometimes there will be a bad file in your song list that will stop the sync in the middle of it.
Try to restart the device by holding the power up for about 10 seconds and plug back into your PC and try the sync again.

That's the exact same problem I had.  I scrolled down to which song it had stopped on, got rid of that song, and tried again.  It has worked fine ever since. 

Don't know for sure what was wrong with that specific song that caused it to stop the sync, but I ripped it again, and all was fine.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

I have exactly the same problem. If I synced many songs (3-4 albums at a time) it would stop about 3/4 of the way through. I now just sync an album at a time. I don't use MSN messenger so I wouldn't say that that causes the problems.