Highlighted

View sync'ed music titles come up as random numbers on stereo USB Nav screen.

Hello,

I have an 8GB Sansa View and have never had a problem syncing to it. Everything sync'ed comes up normal with normal titles and file data when using the View with headsets. However, I just purchased a Samsung HT-Z510 Surround Sound System with a USB port. When I plug the Sansa into it, it reads it, then shows the USB Nav screen. All the songs appear as random assortments of numbers (0000561, 0000562, etc.) arranged in consecutively numbered folders (1,2,3,etc.). This is in place of any useful information (song names, album names), so I'm having to navigate the music based on these numbers instead of meaningful information.

I hooked my other USB mp3 device up to it, and the songs registered fine and song name information was correctly displayed. So, I believe it's a problem specific to the View or the way that I'm syncing the music. I thought may it had to do with the manner in which I was syncing the music (MTP vs MSC) but believe I have tried both ways, and have also tried to play the device through the stereo system both ways. Both produce the same results. 

I am using Windows Media Player to sync the music.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Re: View sync'ed music titles come up as random numbers on stereo USB Nav screen.

It does have to do with MTP Mode. Transfer your music again with MSC Mode.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: View sync'ed music titles come up as random numbers on stereo USB Nav screen.

I know exactly what this problem is. Each Stereo system that has a USB input has to read the proper codecs. One of these codecs that it is not reading properly is the User Interface codec. This means that it does not read the file names that you have added to the files. Sandisk only has a couple of codecs that can be read to properly display this information. If they would broaden their use of codecs (i.e. have more of them) You would probably be able to see the song names and other titles. As for me, my brother and I use this as a "guess the song" kind of game. (mainly only when things get slow around my house) there really is no way to fix this problem of yours. Sorry. 

Hope this helps,

Pabloman456 

"The only thing we have to fear, Is fear itself."- F.D.R.
"Blue M&M, Red M&M, They all come out the same color in the end" -Homer Simpson