Highlighted
SanDisk User

View and Altec Lansing im413

I have found a few posts that have discussed this, but nothing that seems to cover a question I have.

I have 'upgraded' my View to the latest firmware to try and get my View to work with the im413 speaker dock.  It seems to work sporadically, but I can't seem to get it to work consistently.  My wife's e2XX series works like a champ (it is specified to work with this player), but I can't seem to get it to work with the View, even though the pinouts are the same.  It plays music fine, but the controls on the dock, as well as it's accompaning remote, do not work  once the View's screen blanks out during playback.  They work if the screen is on (wondering if I should change the settings to allow the backlight to be on all of the time when it is in the dock), but once the screen goes dark, it's done.  The player even becomes unresponsive when taking it out of the dock and I have to do a hard reset (hold the Home button down while powering).

Does anyone else have any good stories or bad stories about the View and this dock?  Anyone have any ideas on what I can do?

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Re: View and Altec Lansing im413

[ Edited ]

I got me iM413 a few weeks ago, and since day one it has worked flawlessly. Smiley Happy Remote includedSmiley Very Happy

I did have the .09A firmware before purchasing the iM413.

Nothing but good things to say about the sounddock.  Sound is amazing considering it's size.  Portable...

ToddM, I know this will not fix your issue, but if the dock is plugged in, then the View is charging, and the screen should always stay lit. As long as the screen si lit, you should have NO issues...  Again, I know this does not solve your problem, but it should do, for the time being...  

Message Edited by randyjjtcc on 03-27-2008 12:10 AM
Message Edited by randyjjtcc on 03-27-2008 12:11 AM
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Thanks for the response!  I was beginning to wonder if anyone else had the dock!  I love the sound, too, from the dock and think it's one of the best accessories that I have purchased for it.

I haven't tried it yet when it's plugged into power, only using the batteries.  I will look at that later and see if that makes a difference.  That seems to make sense as it works until the player goes into 'sleep' mode while playing.  I have .06 on there, but might try to 'upgrade' (in this case, that is a loose term) the firmware to see if it makes a difference.

Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Ceaning up my basement and found three pair of Atec Lansing computer speakers, AT10019308 with internal amplifiers, for the fun of it, connected up my wife's View, and even plugged in that wall charger, really sounds great, much better than the IM413 plus the two speakers can be spaced for a better stereo effect.

So now I am wondering why I purchased the IM413, course this setup doesn't have the FM radio function like the 413, but doesn't the View have an FM radio someplace inside of it? 

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

[ Edited ]

Hopefully you purchased it for not only it's great sound, but is for it's portability...  I also connect my View to a pair of JBL desktop speakers and they sound great, but between the power cord AND the wires connecting the two speakers to each other, it really a hassle to move that set up anywhere in the house let alone out doors.  Thus I keep them in the bathroom, and listen to them in the morning during my shaving and showering routine.  For what it's worth, I don't think you can't go wrong the iM413.  They give you the best of both worlds...  "Sound & Portability" 

Message Edited by randyjjtcc on 03-23-2008 06:56 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Well, I think I might have stumbled upon a working combination.  Of course, the drawback is that is has to be on .09A for it to work Smiley Sad .

After 'upgrading' it to .09A, and changing the backlight to go off after 30 seconds, I have no issues now using the dock's controls, or the controls on the remote, to control the View.  Unfortunately, the battery life has shown signs of it's .09A disease, but it's workable here because it can be charged in the dock when the dock is plugged into power.

At worst, I can revert back to .06A and then have the backlight not go out when it's in the dock, and then it works fine, as well.  Of course, since I have it working now, I plan to leave it and hope they come out with a revamped firmware that keeps the accessory feature in it, as well as taking care of this battery issue...

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

[ Edited ]

Works pretty nice...  huh?

Truthly, when my View is connected to the dock, it never freezes....  Although this may be a fluke...

Enjoy!

Message Edited by randyjjtcc on 03-23-2008 07:04 PM
Message Edited by randyjjtcc on 03-27-2008 12:08 AM