Highlighted

UK=ripoff, anyway to import, any info on 32gig version

I live in the UK and have had an e280 since release in the UK and love it but 8 gig is a bit small. So i looked at the sansa viewand saw that they do a 16 gig one so i thought i would get it, but it is $200 in america thats £100 in exchange by the mo and amazon.com sells it for less but in the UK its £130, thats alot more,why is this. Is there anyway i can import it from amarica as amazon.com doesn't let you. Also when is the 32 gig version gona be release and how much will it cost, cos i got to much music for the 16gig and the extra 16gig more would be nice.

THX for any help
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: UK=ripoff, anyway to import, any info on 32gig version

More than half of the UK price markup is for the 17.5% VAT which you should still pay if you import it. It's not such a big rip-off as with many products.

Pro-rata, the UK price of the 32GB View is likely to be the US price + 30 to 35%.

John
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Check the offical site for pecs on the 32GB View.

Easy to navigate website, enjoy...
Highlighted

thx i guess i will just have 2 wait for the 32 gig to be released in the UK and save up that little bit more to pay for
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Hello Fallen2004,  I just had a thought.....   lol

I believe Sansa & Dell have teamed up to sell Sansa MP3 players.  If there is a Dell in the U.K., whether a physical location or on-line, you may be able to purchase it there in the U.K.

I know there offer MPS players in the States...

Good luck....