Slow fast forward

Hi,

I know this is a known problem, but on my Sansa view 16GB the fast forward is so slow - especially on 1hr MP3 dance mixes.

Is there a way to speedily fast forward?

Thanks,
Alex

SanDisk User

Re: Slow fast forward

With long mixes, you can split it if you have a cuesheet (or you can make one) into individual tracks or just split the entire thing into 5min parts so it's easier. Also, if you set the Genre to podcast it will show up in the podcasts category/folder and podcasts have bookmarking (you stop listening and you continue from the same spot next time you play that podcast) and this isn't for only one file.. you can switch between podcasts and still it remembers the last spot in each one individually; I really love this about the view!
SanDisk Senior User

Splitting long mixes into smaller segments produces really annoying gaps between songs (defeating the purpose of a dance mix!). I really hate that. I really wish they would put in seamless playback like they originally advertised. That would solve a lot of problems for a lot of people.

V.

SanDisk Senior User

I want to try and fill in some (possible) blanks here in the question and answers...

(1) I think Alex (the OP) is listening to podcasts.  I've recently discovered podcast electronica, and have been downloading it by the oodles.  But since the genre is tagged as "podcast" it is slow as heck to fast-forward or reverse.  Painfully slow, but we already knew that.

(2) The bookmarking feature of podcasts is great, but the slow scanning feature is a pain in the neck.

(3) I think the solution here--if I'm right about (1)--is to retag the music as something other than podcast (e.g., Dance) and then it will show up as a regular song, and should be scannable in the normal way (e.g., accelerate with the length of the button push).

Of course, I've never tried to listen to a regular 1-hour MP3...maybe they don't have to be podcasts to have the scanning problem!

-Matt

SanDisk User

@sansamatt wrote:

(3) I think the solution here--if I'm right about (1)--is to retag the music as something other than podcast (e.g., Dance) and then it will show up as a regular song, and should be scannable in the normal way (e.g., accelerate with the length of the button push).

Of course, I've never tried to listen to a regular 1-hour MP3...maybe they don't have to be podcasts to have the scanning problem!

Fastforward is ... .... ... ... ... slow ... ... ... ... ... ... no matter whether it's in podcast genre or any other.

Just try fastforwarding through an hour long lecture or exercise music mp3.  Your thumb will ask you to stop.

Sansa has been rather unhelpful in the few times I've asked them if they will fix this.

Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Sorry Craig...I was afraid you meant all MP3s on the long side...  Smiley Sad

-Matt

SanDisk User

To All 

Sansa are determined to be unhelpful, I have written emails twice and never had a reply

even the telephone helpline guys sound like they wish they had another job

Arny

SanDisk Senior User

The longer the file the slower the fast forward speed. Try it out, and with breaking a dance mix into segments, you can choose the segments, even have them overlap, so choose the pats your always trying to get to and make it its own section.