Slow Boot Up Times + Media Player Syncing

Hi,

Got a Sansa View 16GB running 1.02.09F firmware syncing to a vista x64 SP1 box.  I have 2 problems which am interested to see if other people are experiencing.

1. When syncing the device using media player 11 it constantly stops after a couple of minutes and I have to disconnect the device.  Close MP.  Reconnect and then start the sync again.  If I sync the device using media monkey everything works fine.    Until I found the media monkey workaround this was a real PITA as I was trying to sync about 7000 WMAs.
  2. The Sansa view can sometimes take up to 10 minutes to start up, especially if i have not used it in the past day or so.  The blue ring will light, then it will slowly boot, go through the refresh database cycle, etc before eventually bringing up the menu.  Each of my WMAs has got an album art tag attached (although I have made sure they are only 200x200pixel size).  Could the number of files/content cause this?  If I power off the player and start it back up again fairly soon afterwards (within a few hours) the device will start immediately.

Is anyone experiencing the same type of issues?  Sansa Tech support have given me an RMA to replace it but I suspect it is more firmware/software related than the device and they want me to ship it (tracked) to the Czech republic from the UK which will cost ~£25.  Nice! 

Cheers

Will Owen

SanDisk User

Re: Slow Boot Up Times + Media Player Syncing

any answers for this slow-boot issue?  It's killing me as well.

have now had it replaced and still have the same problems.....
SanDisk Senior User

More than likely you synced your device in MSC mode. Sync your device in MTP and it will be much faster.
Highlighted

I have had this same problem. I finally went back 01.06 firmware which help alot. It still can take a while but with the 1.03 firmware It sometimes never booted to the main screen. At least know it seams always start.

I have a 8gb view with a 8gb sandisk exp card.