SanDisk User

Shutting off by itself??

Hey, im going on a big trip soon, so i added a couple of full movies to it. In the middle of about 2 or 3 different movies my View just shuts off by itself. Also, if i pause the video and start it back up, the screen goes black and the "Unsupported Format" window pops up.

Has anyone else had this problem?  is it just because i only have ~3000 MB left?  thats still a lot.

"The only thing we have to fear, Is fear itself."- F.D.R.
"Blue M&M, Red M&M, They all come out the same color in the end" -Homer Simpson
SanDisk User

Re: Shutting off by itself??

CHECK THE BATCH NUMBER ON BACK OF SANSA...IT MAY BE LIKE MINE THE FIRST batch...which aparently had kinks...i asked for a new one and trade in...

also the 09 series - downgrade which i did but my vids still shut off before ending...to 06 firmware...see link above...goodluck

SanDisk User

i have the 06 version of firmware... i downgraded from the 09.

how exactly do i know if it is in the first batch?? Does it have to do with the serial number plate on the back? 

"The only thing we have to fear, Is fear itself."- F.D.R.
"Blue M&M, Red M&M, They all come out the same color in the end" -Homer Simpson

I use my view for about 30 minutes and it shuts itself down. Sometimes i can listen to it for a longer time but it always shuts down also. what can i do to solve this issue?

Do you have sleep mode disabled?
SanDisk User

happened to me for the first time today.  Running latest firmware.  Will report back if it happens again.  And yes i have my power saver set to 5 min but that should not intefere with my player while it is playing music only when it is not active for a set amount of time. ie: it's paused for 5 min and it goes into sleep mode... I shouldn't have to keep touching my player every 4 min just to let it know that I want it to continue to play music.
SanDisk User

look at the batch number...on your sansa...should be on the back bottom part...

SanDisk User

how do i disable the sleep mode?
Highlighted
SanDisk User

@telosa3 wrote:
how do i disable the sleep mode?
I assume when they say how to disable sleep mode they are in fact talking about POWER SAVE mode...I could be wrong though.  To disable POWER SAVE mode you would have to go to more->Settings->System Settings->Power Saver-> Then put it to -- instead of 5 min 10 min 15 min etc.