Highlighted

Screen cracked - any way to replace it?

The screen on my View has cracked.  This was clearly due to external damage, and therefore is not a warranty issue.

From poking around these boards, I get the sense that SanDisk does not have any service center(s) for non-warranty repairs.

Does anyone know of any way to replace the screen in a View?  Or is it done for good?

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Re: Screen cracked - any way to replace it?

Do you mean the outside , or the actually screen on the inside? I bet you could call Sandisk and get an RMA
Highlighted
SanDisk User

If the internal screen is cracked, you're screwed.

If the External screen is cracked, you're screwed.

The SanDisk service centre does not know how to pick up their phones.

Hell, im not even sure they realize they produce anything. 

I'm gonna say try returning it to the store you bought it from, if possible.

if that one doesn't work, go with other brand or another model of Sandisk (if your willing to take a chance)

I have a View and i am one of the lucky ones who have a pretty functional product...

good luck...

-jcorll 

"The only thing we have to fear, Is fear itself."- F.D.R.
"Blue M&M, Red M&M, They all come out the same color in the end" -Homer Simpson
Highlighted

The internal LCD screen cracked, although the outer case is intact.  I keep it on the console of my car, and I think it was crushed between the gearshift lever and the knob for adjusting the rear-view mirrors.  You can see an obvious "origin" of the crack on the screen, with a slight dent in the outer case at the same spot.  It's clearly due to external damage, though, so I'd be stunned if it would be repaired under warranty.

Which is too bad, because the unit was otherwise functioning (relatively) fine.  It somehow lost the abilty to play Rhapsody channels, otherwise it was working. Still is, actually, but the screen looks like a kaleidoscope.

I saw a couple of Views on e-Bay being sold for parts.  But, given my lack of skill with electronics, I suspect I'd end up with two non-functioning units if I attempted to repair it myself.

I guess I'll have to live with it until I get a few extra bucks.  All things considered, I was pleased with the View and will probably get a new one.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

I'll bet a million bucks you just voided your warranty
Highlighted

ok my mother bought me a view at best buy on august 31st for $120 when it was supposed to be $160. she broke the screen and it had a lil crack in it. now it has finally spreaded 2 the whole screen and i cant see anything but a white screen with cracks. idk wat to do. if i called sansdisk would they replace the screen or make me buy another.

Highlighted

I took apart my view to figure out how to replace the battery and also found that the screen simply is a connecter, not soldered onto the main PCB. Here is where I posted instructions and pictures.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34095

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

the inside of my sansa sandisk is cracked what do i do?

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@leek wrote:

the inside of my sansa sandisk is cracked what do i do?

Buy a new player.

Highlighted

I also have a view with a broken screen. I have an AV cable but once I plug it into the TV, how do i get it to display on the TV? In other words, once connected to the TV how many scrolls and click do i have to do to get the display on screen?