Highlighted

Sansa view cannot see files from my computer

hiMan WinkI recently bought a 8GB sansa viev plugged it in to my PC,the PC saw the new device, gave it a drive letter, let me see the files and I added some music of my own. That night I downloaded sandisk media converter and added a video, the PC rather than giving the device a drive letter gave it a icon with sansa view below. when going into my files they were all empty appart from the video I added, the device still has the music in it but the folders are empty when accessed from My computer. I installed the new firmware but this did not help this problem. Can anyone help?. Thanks, Marty.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Sansa view cannot see files from my computer

the first time you loaded files the device was in msc mode (with a drive letter). the next time your device was in mtp mode (shows as portable device with no drive letter). files loaded in msc mode are not visible when the device is connected in mtp mode and vise versa. i would suggest formatting the device and reloading all your content in what ever mode you choose. for more information on mtp vs msc just search this forum i am sure it has all been ask before.
Highlighted

thank you for your reply, I have formatted and want to change to msc, can I change mode with firmware version 01.02.09F, I have read you cant. Cheers, Marty
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

the view only has msc with the button combo. there is no msc selection in the settings menu. i would suggest mtp. it has faster refresh data base times and better playlist support and you can still drag and drop your files if you want just put them in the music folder.
Highlighted

hi, thanks for your help. fromatted device as you suggested loaded some music via windows media player, media player sees sansa's tracklist and will play it however device does not show any music in any folders, this is the oposate of before. Any help would be most welcome. Thank you, Marty.