SanDisk Senior User

Re: Sansa View or Sansa Fuze

[ Edited ]

I agree with Eddie & Matt.

$59.00 on sellout woot right now for respiffed 16GB. At least that way it won't hurt as much when you realize it stinks.

Hey Eddie- Four of them might be your returns! LOLOL Smiley Very Happy  Smiley Wink

Message Edited by shadow98fl on 12-16-2008 02:09 AM
SanDisk User

lol i'm sorry i meant i wanted a fuze. where is it for $60?
SanDisk Fanatic

@shadow98fl wrote:

I agree with Eddie & Matt.

$59.00 on sellout woot right now for respiffed 16GB. At least that way it won't hurt as much when you realize it stinks.

Hey Eddie- Four of them might be your returns! LOLOL Smiley Very Happy  Smiley Wink

Message Edited by shadow98fl on 12-16-2008 02:09 AM

LOL, you never know Smiley Very Happy
SanDisk Fanatic

Let me just say this... I have a View and for all the grumbling and gadfly-ing I do about it.... in general, I "like" it... it's at least tolerable now.  I haven't had major problems with this last one.  But I wouldn't buy another one and if I could do it over again I'd get something else.

Go back and find my first posts in this forum... I raved about it... I loved it... and then my original one just quit working one day... and it took them a month to get it back to me and when I finally got it it had a huge gap in the seam which I find unacceptable.  That is just poor manufacturing and quality control.  So I send it back and they send me another one and another one and another one with gaps in the seam... I ddn't care if it works, it's not put together correctly. 

And then there's the firmware... the original firmware was buggy so they release new firmware that not only doesn't fix anything but in fact makes it MORE buggy... and we finally get firmware that's barely acceptible only to read that the Fuze and Clip are getting firmware that not only fixes bugs but also ADDS NEW FUNCTIONALITY????  That's when I realized they really don't care about fixing/improving the View and are focusing there development time on the Fuze and Clip.  Which frosts me because, as I've said before, I thought I was buying their top of the line device.

Therefore, get a Fuze.

Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

[ Edited ]

Eddie (as usual) I agree with every point you raise.  And I'm not going back to read your old love-fest posts.  That just wouldn't mesh well with the EddieHaskell I've come to know.  Smiley Wink  Plus I'm lazy.

But for $65 (remember $5 shipping) the Woot deal is almost too good to pass up.  I'd recommend the View in that case.

-Matt

Message Edited by sansamatt on 12-16-2008 09:08 AM
SanDisk Senior User

Too late now- all sold out.

LOL- I'm sure we'll be hearing from some of the "new" owners. Smiley Very Happy

SanDisk User

It's recertified so remember you only have a 90 day warranty.

Here is a comparison...maybe it will help:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/compare/sandisk-sansa-e200-vs-sandisk-sansa-fuze-vs-sandisk-sansa-view

SanDisk User

I ended up getting the fuze, based on more updates and it is more appealing. thanks for the advice everyone
SanDisk Professor

You probably did the right choice. Although if rockbox came out for the VIEW, it would probably be better on the view because of the bigger screen, however that depends on what you're doing and it probably won't happen.