SanDisk User
Accepted Solution

Sansa View or Sansa Fuze

I was wondering if I should get the View or Fuze?

Is the View easy to exercise with?

Thanks

SanDisk User

Re: Sansa View or Sansa Fuze

If you want a player for exercise, get a Clip; they're cheap as hell anyway

If you want a player for mainly music and some videos and more compact, get a Fuze

If you want a player with the largest screen and the best video support and decent audio and the largest possible space, get A view

SanDisk User

i dont want to get a clip, how is the view for exercising though?
SanDisk Senior User

At the risk of looking like I'm trying to "put the whammy" on you, I'd strongly recommend you reconsider the Clip for exercise.  I have both the Clip and the View and there is no comparison.  The Clip wins hands down.

I'd also suggest that you spend some more time assessing the misery and frustration on the View forum.  I bounce between here and the Clip owners and the difference is absoutely night and day.  Misery here.  Happiness there.  It's not that I'd say "skip the View" (plenty of other owners here will do that for me), but my impression is that the Fuze beats the View in most respects, expect screen-size.

But then, that really begs the question:  why lean toward a device with a screen?  Will you be watching it while you work out, or will it be on an armband?  BTW, I absolutely cannot stand armbands...but I'm sure it's a matter of personal preference.  Smiley Happy

Good luck with your choice!

-Matt

SanDisk User

thanks for the info, i would like not only use it for exercise, but also for watching movies and listening to music.
SanDisk User

I'd certainly go with a Fuze then.. smaller screen/worse videos but smaller formfactor will allow to exercise with it more easily. Obviously you'll see a lot of negativity on the forums because that's what mostly they're here for... I'm sure these forums only represent a small portion of all the View owners. I used to hate a few bugs in it, but I got over them and realized that it's overall better than iPod and that's what matters lol. Hopefully the RMA'd one I'm getting tomorrow will have fewer bugs Smiley Happy

PS: If movies are actually important to you (not just video clips), then I'd say go with the View.. it's 2.4" LCD beats almost every other MP4 player!

SanDisk Fanatic

I have a View.... I recommend you get a Fuze.  Thats all I'm gonna say.

Just my 2 cents.

SanDisk Senior User

I like my view, and it sounds like you want to get one, but are just looking for a little confirmation
SanDisk User

i did but now i'm more into getting a view. it seems like they are being updated more and are more stable
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

This is one of those moments where I have to enthusiastically back up Eddie...I just shook my head when I heard "View", "updated", and "stable" in the same sentence.  Admittedly, I don't hang out with the Fuze owners...but if the Fuze firmware (user experience) is even half of what it's like to own a Clip (same board, I'm told), then the words updated and stable belong to the Fuze, not the View...  Smiley Happy

-Matt