Highlighted

Sansa View not connecting

My computer just refuses to recognize the Sansa View.  I tried connecting it in both modes...just by plugging it in and waiting, and then also tried puting it in hold, pushing down on the left keypad and connecting - but nothing works.  I'm running Windows XP with SP2. 
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: Sansa View not connecting

I presume you turned the View on first before putting it on hold.

Does Device Manager show any unrecognized device when the View is connected in MSC mode?

John

Highlighted

Yeah, the sansa view was turned on....absolutely nothing shows up when plugging the device in.  I've double checked my ports as well - the usb ports are working fine for other external devices like my camera etc.
Highlighted

My process has been to power it on.  Press the left side of the wheel and slowly count to 22.  When I let up, the display is lit and has always connected in MSC mode...
Highlighted

Yep, i tried that, and it still didn't work.  I've also tried connecting to my computer at work, and that's working okay, so i know it's not a problem with the Sansa view.  The trouble is that i don't have any of my media at work..i really need this thing to connect to my home computer.  Anyone else have any luck reconfiguring anything to make it go?
Highlighted

Had the same problem yesterday with a unit I got after returning the original one whose SD Card slot no longer held the card in.  I ended up returning that unit and getting another View [number 3].  It recognized on both my work and home computer.  It is still a bit tempermental about showing up at the house, but does most of the time.   I think this is a glitch in the Flash Drive somehow.
Highlighted

Nope, this thing is still not working.  Tech support was very friendly - we tried connecting in both modes as well as "safe mode" and in the end all they could do was send some links that didn't do anything at all.  Has anyone else figure this out?  There's gotta be some setting in my computer, or a driver i can install or SOMETHING that will let my comptuer see this thing.  This is just crazy.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

May sound dumb, given you've tried a lot, but have you tried alternate USB ports ?

And is it possible  your ports are not USB 2.0?   (if it's an older computer it is certainly possible)
Highlighted

For my computer (running on the same system as you), I have to wait to connect the View until after the desktop screen is reached. And still, sometimes, it will take a couple of tries for it to be recognised, disconnecting and reconnecting the View to my computer.
Highlighted

I have a Sansa Media Player and I am having the exact same issue. It is brand new. I am running windows XP with SP2 and it refuses to show up on my computer. It briefly connects but never appears in Windows Explorer per the instructions.

I have tried this on (2) different Windows XP machines and nothing shows up.

I did connect this to a Windows 2000 machine and it did appear there in Windows Explorer.

Something seems fishy. What is going on with XP which is keeping this from working correctly?

Does anyone have any ideas? I love the device but if it does not work with Windows XP I am going to return it and get something else.