SanDisk User

Re: Sansa View, fast forward, rewind broken - item returned to store.

01.01.06A is my firmware.

Z
SanDisk Guru

there was a newer firmware posted yesterday. now it says it is down for matinance. it should be back up soon. if the new firmware does not resolve the issue i would contact sandisk tech support for replacment. 866-sandisk

rewind has always worked normally on my view.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Mine doesn't work.  I use MP3's as well and mine roll out at 192? kbps. 

Don't know if the quality makes a difference but if you look at other posts in these forums quality almost always comes into play with all issues.  Sandisk knows no ones going to convert their entire MP3 library to a lower quality just to get one function working properly so then they bluff it with that.

SanDisk User

[ Edited ]

azrael888 wrote:
Mine doesn't work.  I use MP3's as well and mine roll out at 192? kbps. 

Don't know if the quality makes a difference but if you look at other posts in these forums quality almost always comes into play with all issues.  Sandisk knows no ones going to convert their entire MP3 library to a lower quality just to get one function working properly so then they bluff it with that.

So are you saying that SanDisk reports that you have to lower your bit rate to get around this problem?  What forum is that in?   Thx

Z

Message Edited by Zardoz on 01-31-2008 01:05 PM
SanDisk User

Dood that's TOTALLY what i said. =)

Thanks for clarifying to everyone what i was trying to post there since you know me so well!
SanDisk User

The rewind function has been improved although the file time gets out of sync with the actual time left on the file if you rewind for any length of time. 
SanDisk Professor

.09 has pretty much fixed the rewind/ff issue .. for me anyway. Also the player can have mp3's up to 320kbps and wma up to 256 just fyi Smiley Happy
Having trouble with video transfer for your View? Try using the Any Video Converter (yes that's the name). It can be downloaded at www.any-video-converter.com (pick the free one) It's easy to use, just make it a .mp4