Highlighted

Sansa View different models

I have a Sansa e200R and I'm ready to upgrade to a Sansa view. I have a Rhapsody subscription and I want to make sure that the View would work. The one on the Bestbuy site it shows compatible, but Amazon has a better deal on them and it does not show the Rhapsody. I want to know if there are any differences between the View bestbuy sells and the one amazon sells.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: Sansa View different models

[ Edited ]

As far as I am aware, there is only one "View". The only difference between models woukd be storage capacity.. and perhaps screen size?

I'm not a Sansa employee so I can't say for 100% certain. But I have heard many people talk about using Rhapsody, and I see no reason why it would not work on any model of the View.

Also, not to be alarmist, but seeing as how some people do get problems with their View's,  I would rather eat the extra money and get it locally to make exchanges easier and less of a hassel..  Plus there is the cost of shipping on the purchase to factor in, which some people love to rip us off on.. and some places even make you pay for RMA shipping, or even a restocking fee on returns and certain RMA's..   Seems like less of a hassle to go local personally..

Message Edited by Zach on 04-13-2008 02:10 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk User

@Zach wrote:

As far as I am aware, there is only one "View". The only difference between models woukd be storage capacity.. and perhaps screen size?

I'm not a Sansa employee so I can't say for 100% certain. But I have heard many people talk about using Rhapsody, and I see no reason why it would not work on any model of the View.

Also, not to be alarmist, but seeing as how some people do get problems with their View's,  I would rather eat the extra money and get it locally to make exchanges easier and less of a hassel..  Plus there is the cost of shipping on the purchase to factor in, which some people love to rip us off on.. and some places even make you pay for RMA shipping, or even a restocking fee on returns and certain RMA's..   Seems like less of a hassle to go local personally..

As you said first, there is no difference in the models of the View except internal memory. Screen size is the same.
Amazon normally does not charge shipping on products that they stock, and if you get a defective product, they give you a UPS label to print out for shipping the item back and it does not cost you anything.  OTOH, if you buy locally, you have to pay sales tax (in most states) which Amazon does not charge. On a $180 item, tax would be about $15 in my area.
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

[ Edited ]

nfordsnsa wrote:

As you said first, there is no difference in the models of the View except internal memory. Screen size is the same.

Amazon normally does not charge shipping on products that they stock, and if you get a defective product, they give you a UPS label to print out for shipping the item back and it does not cost you anything.  OTOH, if you buy locally, you have to pay sales tax (in most states) which Amazon does not charge. On a $180 item, tax would be about $15 in my area.

I wish I'd bought locally. 
I bought mine from Amazon and it died just after the time limit on their return policy.  So now I'm stuck filing RMA after RMA after RMA with SanDisk. and waiting and waiting and waiting for my player... I haven't seen it 3/26 when I shipped the last one back.  And even if it had been before the time limit I'd still be stuck shipping back and forth with Amazon and waiting.
Based on my experience... the extra money would have been well worth the ease of returning or exchanging it for something that works and has been put together correctly.
Message Edited by eddiehaskell on 04-13-2008 05:47 PM
Highlighted

Thanks for your help guys. I'm still debating if I want to get one from Amazon or wait and see if Bestbuy has a deal on them or something. From searching the net I guess all the Views have the same features except the storage size.

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Don't worry about getting a deal from Best Buy.  You won't.  Still, in this particular case, if you're going to get a view, buy it locally.  TRUST me. 

You don't want to risk repeating my experience.  I purchased mine from Amazon and received it on January 3.  Between the time it takes to ship there and the time it takes SanDisk to get around to putting the new one in the mail (almost 3 full weeks and counting this time) and the time it takes to get to your doorstep I would GLADLY have paid the extra money for the convenience of being able to take back to the store down the road and drive home with a replacement. 

I kid you not, since the beginning of February I have had mine in my hands for only about 5 days.  The rest of the time it's been in transit or sitting there waiting for them to do something.

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

There is a Deal from Dell.com. You can get a View 8GB for 119.99.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A1283679&cs=19&c=us&l=en&dgc=SS&cid=28139&...