Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Sansa View No Longer Available In Stores

[ Edited ]

Hello, I was browsing a few sites looking for a good deal on some stuff for my View and to see how the Views pricing compares from the Sansa Store to the Box Store retailers. Well, the View was unavailable from Best Buy, Futureshop, and was only available on-line from Wal-mart (16Gb for less than $130.00) This isn't really surprising, but should you find one available in store, could you be so kind as to post where and how much it costs? Thank-you, and perhaps some information if available about Sansa if anyone knows something new would be nice. If this as already been brought up then sorry, I havn't been around for a while.

Enjoy the rest of the day!Smiley Happy

Sorry if I'm a bit slow on this, but what is going to replace the (now officially discontinued) View? As I've already said, I haven't been around much, could somebody fill me in?

http://www.expansys-usa.com/p.aspx?i=158189 -discontinued View

Message Edited by cccInitiate on 06-16-2009 10:24 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: Sansa View No Longer Available In Stores

I really don't think anything is going to replace the View. If anything, maybe the Fuze will take the spotlight. I honestly think it is appropriate that SanDisk is phasing out the View. With all the problems and glitches with it, they probably don't see it as a worth while product. They had an idea, turned the idea into the View, but the product flopped. If they are not going to offer support to the consumers/users, then why bother with trying to make a flopped idea turn into a great idea. But I digress, I don't know where you live, but in at least here in PA, I have seen the View in Wal-Mart, Best Buy, a couple of Radio Shack's, and Office Depot. In all of those stores, I have showed the clerk the different glitches in it. (Mainly the "Wallpaper Glitch". If you go to the wallpaper setting and scroll back and forth on the selections, after a while the selections will turn fuzzy and depixelated.) They have all said they were going to notify SanDisk and their main shipping HQ about this glitch.  

So, yes, i think the Fuze will take the View's spotlight and really shine.  

"The only thing we have to fear, Is fear itself."- F.D.R.
"Blue M&M, Red M&M, They all come out the same color in the end" -Homer Simpson
Highlighted
SanDisk User

I can't say I'm surprised.  They stopped supporting the view a year ago (last firmware update), despite a wealth of problems. 
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Yeah, I'm not really surprised, but the Sansa Tap thing has got me interested, I guess I'll wait another few months before i replace my View and see what becomes of it (Sansa Tap)