Highlighted

Re: Sansa View Latest Firmware 01.01.06a Download - how do I get to MSC mode?

Hi all,

Got a rather stupid question that I feel I should know - but please help anyway.  How do I get to MSC mode on my Sansa View?
Highlighted

Re: Sansa View Latest Firmware 01.01.06a Download

To get into MSC: turn device on; put device on hold status; press the left part of the scrollwheel (9:00) and hold it for 10 seconds
Highlighted

My movies are playing for only a few minutes before it freezes.  I've downloaded the latest firmware, but I'm having a problem with the the actual updating taking place on the sansa view.  I've followed all the steps, including the MSC switch.  The file is visible in the root directory, but the actual update is not taking place.  I'm not getting the flashing lights or what everybody is seeing when the update is taking place.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.
Highlighted

You must first extract the files.  Then copy the individual files into the root directory.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

What's the latest firmware version?

I've just got a view and it saye 01.01.06F?

Is there an update from Sansa on the versions available, timelines, and on what will be fixed in the next releases.

AUDIBLE BOOKMARKING PLEASE

S
Highlighted

I've extracted the file and it is in the root directory, but it's not updating.  When I check the system the old firmware is still there.  Something is not letting it update the file.
Highlighted

Re: Woohoo! Thanks SanDisk! Another View Firmware Update! 01.01.06A download link inside!

When I connect my View in MSC mode, it appears as two drives (L: and MSmiley Happy  The L drive is the MUSIC, VIDEO, etc.  If I try to open the M drive, Windows Explorer says "please insert disk."  Is that the drive you are referring to?

ps - I did use the Updater to push the new firmware to my View.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: Woohoo! Thanks SanDisk! Another View Firmware Update! 01.01.06A download link inside!

Your M: drive is the the micro SDHC card slot on the View. If you put a card in that slot then you can copy files to it as M:

L: is the View's internal memory.

John
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Can someone post a link to download 1.02.09A please. It's been re-released for a few days now but not 1.02.09A link Smiley Sad

I am unkeen to re-use my existing 1.02.09A firmware from the last time it was issued in case a newer version fixes things in it. This stickied thread is now out of date.

Thanks.
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Is your Sansa Updater not working, or is it not installed..  It would automatically locate and download the .09A.

BTW - The is also an updated version of the Sansa Updater, that automatically downloads via the current Sansa Updater