Highlighted
SanDisk User

Sansa View Latest Firmware 01.01.06a Download

[ Edited ]

Hey everyone,

So, I called SanDisk earlier with a question about the Sansa Clip, during that call, I mentioned something in regards to my Sansa View. The tech on the phone (whom was very friendly and helpful) mentioned to me that there was a new firmware update for the View out today. So I asked him to have someone send it to me. Not too long after, I got the firmware and instructions in my e-mail.

So, it is the same instructions as last time... I'll just copy and paste...

Sansa View Firmware & Instructions

Latest: 01.01.06a

Warning this firmware rollback may erase data from your device. Please backup all data before rolling back your firmware.

01.01.06a firmware rollback for the Sansa View. Download links and the release notes are available below.

For AMERICAS - You can download the .zip file by clicking on this link.

1. Extract the .zip file into a folder on your computer.
  2. Once extracted, drag all five files file to the root directory of your Sansa View.
  3. Disconnect the Sansa View and let it restart.
  4. The firmware update will now begin.
  5. Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will boot back up. Once its back to the main menu, head to "Settings / Options" > "System Settings", and verify the "Version" is now 01.01.06A.

Congrats, you have just rolled back to a previous firmware!

Message Edited by Lil_Monsta on 05-12-2008 02:34 PM
Jake
SanDisk Senior User

Re: Woohoo! Thanks SanDisk! Another View Firmware Update! 01.01.06A download link inside!

Thanks Jake. Keep it up!

Re: Woohoo! Thanks SanDisk! Another View Firmware Update! 01.01.06A download link inside!

By the way this is also been released on the Sansa Firmware Updater and it seems to work.
SanDisk User

Thanks Ekaj.

Another note I would mention is that you should be in MSC mode (turn on, put in hold mode, press and hold left, then when dial lights up, plug into computer).
This gives you the drive letter, and you can drag and drop all the files from the zip file.

Dragging the files worked fine in MTP mode for the .03 firmware ... I didn't know the secret handshake for MSC mode then. Thanks.
SanDisk User

It seems very hit or miss.  I've got one computer that you can't drag and drop in MTP mode, and another that you can.  However, it consistently works in MSC mode.

Hi,

Did someone ask for what changed from last FW to this new one?

Thanks,
Francisco
SanDisk Fanatic

Looks like FANTASTIC firmware!

Looks can be deceiving Smiley Surprised((

I still can't see my photos!!! thumbnails are generated, albums creation works....but I can't see my pictures!!!! Ahhhh!!!!

I even did a complete format, wiping out my music and video downloads.....Still no dice! something wrong with the converter????

SanDisk Guru

jetcat wrote:
Looks can be deceiving Smiley Surprised((

I still can't see my photos!!! thumbnails are generated, albums creation works....but I can't see my pictures!!!! Ahhhh!!!!

I even did a complete format, wiping out my music and video downloads.....Still no dice! something wrong with the converter????

pictures are working fine for me. i am not using the converter though. try just dragging and dropping the pictures to the pictures folder on the view. i get a message that says that some of the pictures are out of the device limits but if i ignore the message all pictures display normally.