Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Re: Sansa View Firmware 01.02.09 Download

I think that was sarcasm Smiley Happy

Highlighted
SanDisk User

I searched for this, but didn't come up with a very good hit, so please forgive me if this has been covered...

It mentions in the first post that this should be done in MSC mode, but I did do this through MTP mode and it updated the firmware (it went from 1.00.00 to 1.02.09 looking in the settings menu of the View).  Does this make a difference with the player, or will it not completely do the upgrade dropping and dragging through MTP instead of MSC??

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Have always used MTP mode for updating firmware with no problems at all. Have never had to use MSC mode. But did go back to firmware '06 as the battery life with '09 and an 8gb SDHC card was awful. Taking out the card helped but battery life still not good. With '06 I have managed to get 33 hours battery life using play all songs and not looking at the display too often
Highlighted
SanDisk User

[ Edited ]

@kaptinvimes wrote:
Have always used MTP mode for updating firmware with no problems at all. Have never had to use MSC mode. But did go back to firmware '06 as the battery life with '09 and an 8gb SDHC card was awful. Taking out the card helped but battery life still not good. With '06 I have managed to get 33 hours battery life using play all songs and not looking at the display too often

Thanks for the reply.  I was wondering if I was doing something wrong, but it has always seemed to do this via MTP without issue, but I wasn't for sure.  I guess I don't understand why the instructions specify this exclusively but it works with MTP. 

Now if I could just figure out why it won't work with the im413 speaker dock's controls...

Message Edited by ToddM on 03-18-2008 09:22 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk User

@Aircraftkiller wrote:
I'm happy we get firmware updates at all. You're buying the product and a one year warranty, nothing is included about firmware. Sure, it's industry precedent that supporting products includes giving out free updates to the software functionality (except apple's latest "ipod touch" update, what a joke, $20 for extra features that it should have had on release) but not every company releases firmware for their players. Thankfully SanDisk does, albeit hit and miss with the View so far.
Come on man.  This **bleep** thing should work as advertised when we buy it.  Then they would not have to release firmware updates.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

@Eric wrote:
My Sansa View is what they promised, i have awesome battery life, and i do have gapless playback, and the shuffle mode works great! I love sanDisk for the great players they made over the years. Go SanDisk Sansa! Yes maybe some players do come bricked but maybe some are just fine! Good Luck with your problems
Your shuffle works great?  How many songs do you have on it?  10?
Highlighted
SanDisk User

hahaha, no I have 2,678 songs on it! Not 10, 2,678
Highlighted

I have about 300 songs and have not had any problem with shuffle mode.  I still have the 01.01.06A firmware, but have been reluctant to update.  After reading of potential problems, I think I will stay with this firmware for now.
Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Well the shuffle issue has been here since before the firmware, but I've personally noticed the issue begins to happen at around the 1000 songs mark
Having trouble with video transfer for your View? Try using the Any Video Converter (yes that's the name). It can be downloaded at www.any-video-converter.com (pick the free one) It's easy to use, just make it a .mp4
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
I just bought my 16 gig view about a month ago. Like a lot of people the main reason i bought it was for the battery life. And like most of you I had the same problems after downloading the latest firmware, so I went back to the old one. The battery life picked back up again. It's a very quirky player. My computer won't recognize the player if I just plug it in. I have to lock the player, hold down the thumb wheel and then plug it in. I don't use a micro sd card yet but when I first started putting videos in sometimes it would put it in more than once like some have claimed. I've also had some videos that previously worked then all of a sudden stopped. I've since worked out that problem. I use a program called EM total converter. I can now play a full length DVD movie (about 4 gig) on my player that I converted and scaled down to about 350 mb (WMV Format) without any noticeable loss of quality. It is a great program. I popped my dvd into the player. and set the target to my desktop, then dragged and dropped it to my player. I can't believe how many formats (both music and video) this player can convert to. Try it. It is real easy and you won't be dissapointed. One other thing about the firmware. My player itself does have the previous version, but after initially dropping and dragging to my root directory, it dissapeared. Here is the link. http://www.effectmatrix.com/
Message Edited by ExCaptEd on 04-05-2008 12:39 AM