Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: Sansa View Firmware 01.02.09 Download

Yes, I am starting to get irritated with Sandisk and their "firmware" releases. I mean seriously, what are they doing? They "fix" one thing and break three more.
For instance, they fix EQ not holding after power off. Now battery life is short, player seems less responsive, shuffle still broke, static in right channel at random times...

Ply
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Ahhh, refreshing. I upgraded from 1.02.09 to 1.01.06 and now i have battery life again!
Highlighted

There is a new problem with database refreshing in the latest Firmware. If i reset my player with a microSD card in the slot and turn it back on it refreshs the database... BUT duplicates the entrys of music i listened to before reseting. (but only music from the microSD cardSmiley Surprised) Btw: how about the posibility to navigate through the folders, instead of the ID3-Tags?
Highlighted

Sticky Thread?!

Another Idea:  What about a sticky Thread where we could collect ideas and bug-reports for the next firmware?!
Highlighted

This new firmware has various bug fixes, including a fix for a known device “hang” problem
associated with playback of certain unsupported video file formats. Only videos within the
Sansa View supported profiles range will playback with this new firmware.

Does anybody have any info on the exact video specs - not just "plays mp4 or wmv"?  I have the feeling I can tune some video conversion utilities to be exactly what the view likes best, but I'm having a hard time finding the real detailed specs.

Somebody said to search for them on the sansa site, but I can't find them.  Does anybody have a direct link?
Highlighted

This new firmware suck man my battery life is like 6 hours now i used to b able to have it on for like 14 its BS
Highlighted
SanDisk User

It would be nice to have a comment from someone from Sansa about this firmware update.  (Since it was pulled twice before, and then re-issued with exactly the same firmware number.)

You are listening to your customers, aren't you?  At least a note that you know it's not satisfactory and why it's got the battery life problem, and ...     You know, something to let us know you're working on it and when it might be fixed.  Please.
Highlighted

yea really it would be nice to let your customers kno wats going on as long as u say ur tryin to fix it.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

just roll back your firmware and wait till the next one comes out, hopefully it wont have the same issues.
Great For Beginners:
How To Videos
FAQ's and Stickies
Any-Video-Converter

I rolled mine back and am happier.  I am however  very peeved that I have had this player for 4 months and we still don't have a stable firmware release.