Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: Sansa View Firmware 01.02.09 Download

Same here, the original video that came with the view is suddenly unsupported! And the user interface is a bit slowed!
Highlighted

Only videos within the Sansa View supported profiles range will playback with this new firmware.

What range are they referring to?
Highlighted
SanDisk User

If Sandisk can give out File format, audio / video codec, resolution and bitrate specs would be nice..
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Zach, go to the offical site, and search tge specs on the View...

The link below:

Highlighted
SanDisk User

I still have the 1.01.06A FW and mine works perfectly.  Yes, it will freeze from time to time, but for only about 10 sec, then it jumps to where it belongs.  The new FW just drains the battery for some reason.  Therefore, I will not touch it--the new firmware, that is.  I'm waiting on them to update the scan thru song/video jump from 4 sec to at least 10sec...and to allow for wrap-around scrolling (scroll from A, then jump to Z backwards instead of going ALL THE WAY thru 1400 songs to get to a song/artist/album that starts w/ "W"....that is sooooooo annoying!!

I guess my question is.....if the E280 was so good( and it was..I have one) in terms of user interface, why would you take some of the great features off the new, supposedly improved model?  It's like buying a Benz for the great features, then they come out w/ a new one and its prettier and rides well, but the bells and whistles that you fell in love w/ on the first car are no longer available on the new on, but you paid more.......doesn't make sense.    But, since you are fan of the product you buy it anyway.....

that's my story and I'm stickin' 2 it.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

I know they publish some specs, I was just thinking if people were dropping videos on that worked previously and were in spec, it was possible some things had changed
Highlighted

Have the video and audio specs changed with this version of FW
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Why is there still an issue with players becoming unresponsive when shuffle is on????  I am really getting sick of this.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

I gave up on using shuffle.  Sometimes it would just continue playing and finally respond to a pause like 3 minutes later.  I am really dissappointed with this player.  The only reason I got this one over the creative zen is because the battery was supposed to last 35 hours.  I get maybe 18 - 24 tops.  My old creative zen touch's battery lasted at least that long.  I'm really starting to wish I spent the extra $50 for the Zen.  Maybe someday they will come out with a firmware that actually fixes all of the problems.  I have a feeling I'll have a different player by then.
Highlighted

I did this update and now I only get about 6 hours of battery life