Highlighted

Re: Sansa View Firmware 01.02.09 Download

I'm from Germany.
The new EUROPE Firmware is 1.02.09F.

Since Update to that, i have still fewer problems as with the old.

Some problems appeared:

- After changing the Option "Display" from NTSC to the Europe standard PAL, any Video doesn't play. The sound is playing but there is no video signal. After factory reset, videos can play normally.
- The battery life by playing music is below 8h
- The display flickers is still there

All the problems I finded out, I sent to the Sandisk-Support, after call with them!
-- My Englisch isn't the best, because I'm a Bavarian Boy (German) --
Highlighted
SanDisk User

It definitely sounds like F is for Europe (I bet the F means France) and A America (maybe North America too). Where can F firmware be downloaded? I presume the Sansa Updater?

- After changing the Option "Display" from NTSC to the Europe standard PAL, any Video doesn't play. The sound is playing but there is no video signal. After factory reset, videos can play normally.

When you say cannot be displayed do you mean on a TV or the View's display? If you mean the View's display that's supposed to happen. It's confusing but if you select LCD and go Back it will output to the LCD, if you select PAL or NTSC it will not display on the LCD display as it's expecting an AV cable to be plugged in. It doesn't matter if you select NTSC or PAL.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

bradavon wrote:
It definitely sounds like F is for Europe (I bet the F means France) and A America (maybe North America too). ?

F stands for European firmware with FM radio
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Thanks. What about without?

Thankfully the UK isn't part of this no Radio nonsense. Which is the only other place I'd have bought one. It's a pity MP3 Player radios aren't ever RDS compatible though.
Highlighted

personally this firmware means nothing to me........the battery life issue is still not solved(i got about 8 hr.....the screen flicker is still there....no sleep function added....(THAT IS THE MOST NEEDED ONE FOR ME HAHA).......sandisk im totally dissapointed with you guys......you released a faulty firmware.....then pulled it and after two weeks gave us the FAULTY firmware again.....(and importantly im thinking that the screen flicker issue is a hardware issue and not the firmware issue because nothing is done for it)
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Your English is better than my German. Smiley Wink
- Make it a good day! -
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Why is there still an issue with players becoming unresponsive when shuffle is on?  This is terribly annoying.
Highlighted

that i have send to the sansa support:
After installing  the latest Firmware (1.02.09F) on my Sansa View  the Battery live go down to 7 hours
 how can i downgrad to the Firmware before ? when brings your development department a failure free version?
regards RS
Highlighted
SanDisk User

You can download the 01.01.06 firmware here. This appears to be the "a" version but it's what I'm running on my UK View.

I believe that the View should update (downgrade) itself if you load those files into the root directory and then restart.

I will stick with 01.01.06 firmware and accept the freezes until Sandisk come up more improvements.

John
Highlighted

@bradavon wrote:
It definitely sounds like F is for Europe (I bet the F means France) and A America (maybe North America too). Where can F firmware be downloaded? I presume the Sansa Updater?

When you say cannot be displayed do you mean on a TV or the View's display? If you mean the View's display that's supposed to happen. It's confusing but if you select LCD and go Back it will output to the LCD, if you select PAL or NTSC it will not display on the LCD display as it's expecting an AV cable to be plugged in. It doesn't matter if you select NTSC or PAL.

After do this Change the Videofile cann't be displayed on the View.
I selected PAL, because i have an AV cable to watch video's on the TV. Watching Video's on TV with the AV cable is still possible. Only on the View it don't goes.