Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: Sansa View Firmware 01.02.09 Download

It says "For AMERICAS -" in the second line of the announcement.

Is there any reason why this update is unsuitable for users in the the rest of the world?

John
Highlighted
SanDisk User

"The incorrect playtime displayed after performing forward/backward during music playback."

The firmware update didn't correct this problem in my player.  Still big problems when backing up an mp3.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Yeah, is there anything here for us Europe owners?
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Okay, I downloaded the upgrade, unzipped it, got the five files, but exactly what is the root directory?  With XP in Windows Explorer, I see Sansa View, Internal Memory, and the eight data Folders.  Windows will only let me drag the five folders to any of these data folders, and I feel these are not the root directory, there is no way I can drag to either Sansa View or the Internal memory.

I did have this question about forcing an upgrade, typically upgrades just do a quick check and if they find the files there, you have the latest upgrade, but really need a means to correct a corrupted OS, and that sure happens with any flashram appliance.

Had a corrupted OS in a Dell Axim 5, and any attempts to replace that corrupted OS failed, Dell sure wasn't of any help, but found on the net after a long search that I had to hold four buttons down while powering up while releasing one at precisely the correct time, that got me into the firmware section where I could delete that and finally reload to solve my problems.  That Axim was left in a vehicle where the interior temperatures reached 170*F, flashram works on the principle of trapping a few electrons in an insulated gate measured in fractions of a pica coulomb, the instrinsic semiconductor substrate material has to be practically pure as leakage currents double with every 10*C temperature increase, if just a few FET's leak off, your firmware is corrupted, so there is a need to reflash and that requires a forced reflash, not something that says you are up to date.

Probably why so many here are reporting strange problems.  Always a reason.  So what is the deal on the Sansa View?  Precisely what is the root directory, and does this scheme force a reflash?
Highlighted
SanDisk User

[ Edited ]
Just drag in the five files into that area where you see the folders that say MUSIC, RECORD, etc. That is the root directory so don't put the files in any folder.

Message Edited by futuristicmilo on 01-30-2008 08:07 AM
Highlighted

My CPU wont allow me to drop the files in Sansa root file - gives me the circle with lilne thorugh it sign??
Highlighted
SanDisk User

I did this and  when i turn on my player it says the firmware is the previous one
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Never mind, dropped the folder instead of the files into the root directory.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

'Europe - COMING SOON' So when should we be expecting the update for European users? Is it not possible to just use the American firmware?
Highlighted

is the battery draining problem solved?????