Highlighted

Re: Sansa View Firmware 01.02.09 Downloadn update

Will there ever be a firmware update that makes scrolling through artist lists quicker. I have quite a long list or artists and to get from A to Z takes a very long time, and is quite tiring on the thumb. Apple's Ipod has a feature like that.
Highlighted

Re: Sansa View Firmware 01.02.09 Downloadn update

Is anyone still having trouble with video freezes? I just got a Sansa cause i liked all the specs it has to it as im sure everyone does my model# is SDMX10R-008GK-A70W and all seems to work fine on it altho i havent tryed shuffle that everyone seems to have trouble with, but the video seems to lock up once in awhile, i have noticed that it doesnt do it to all video's i play on it like if i download a regular vid and use sansa'a converter which is slow as *ell or use any video converter which is very nice the vid would play rite threw but if i rip a dvd and convert that the same way it plays for awhile but then locks up and the whole player lockes up i have to shut it off and turn it back on, it came with the latest firmware 1.02.09A so im not sure if i should reload the firmware on it or not and i havent tested the battery life on it yet but one thing i have noticed is that the properties in windows when you view your battery life doesnt change unless you unplug it and plug it back in im using xp pro i also have vista on my other drive and it does the same there as well is that normal or should it refresh when you close and reopen the properties of the sansa ?

I hope Sandisk doesnt give up on these players like other companies has in the past its a very nice player.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: Sansa View Firmware 01.02.09 Download

Hey I hear all this talk about updating Firmwares <or downdating> and the .09 one being a crap update... I've never updated Firmware, and don't even know what it does/is! I'm kinda' a noob... so I guess what I'm saying is What does this Firmware do and what's the difference? Is it like updating Windows 98 to Windows XP or somethin like that? <I'm a computer geek who doesn't understand a thing about video game consoles or other electronics! Smiley Wink>
Highlighted

hey dude, if ya read the first page of this thread it will tell you what the firmware update is supposed to fix in the player, if your having trouble with your player it may fix it it may not all up to you if you want to update it.

Highlighted
SanDisk User
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

@Brandonc wrote:

These guys are saying it's great!

http://www.sansacommunity.com/article/10925/New-Sansa-Clip-Firmware-Available/

Um BrandonC thats for the Clip MP3 player not the View. Its different for each player.

Highlighted

@GeForce wrote:

@Brandonc wrote:

These guys are saying it's great!

http://www.sansacommunity.com/article/10925/New-Sansa-Clip-Firmware-Available/

Um BrandonC thats for the Clip MP3 player not the View. Its different for each player.

Lol Pwned

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Is 01.02.09 still the latest Sansa View version? Any idea when a new version is coming?

Thanks.

Highlighted

My battery life does not seem to good either, Guess I will go back to 1.01.06
Highlighted

Yeah I rolled back mine too. I noticed my battery indicator was all over the place when I did the last firmware upgrade. It would sometimes say fully charged and then go to 1/3rd remaining. It's a great player but gapless playback would be my only real request.