SanDisk Senior User

Re: Sansa View Firmware 01.02.09 Download

I see this post is back up with the 01.02.09A upgrade, has it been corrected this time?  Had quite a go around to get back to 01.02.06A, but my View is working again.

To drage these files you have to be in what I call drive letter mode, where Windows assigns a drive letter to the Sansa.   To get there, you have have to move the power switch from neutral with the Sansa On to the hold position while first holding the left navigation ring down and the Sansa has to be disconnected from your computer.  Just takes a couple of seconds, nice to know how long it takes.  When you reconnect your Sansa to the USB port on your computer and open Windows Explorer, if all went okay, you will see a drive letter assigned to your Sansa.  This gives you the opportunity to change the preinstalled video and photos to something more that suits your taste.  But you won't see your playlist nor any of the files you loaded in the non-drive letter mode.  The root directory is the one that is right next to the drive letter, that is where you drag your five files too.

Hope this makes sense.
SanDisk User

Anyone else trying this again?  The zip and its contents have not changed since the original post.

I saw no posts from moderators about battery drain or other possible issues, so I'm curious if I rolled back to 1.01.06a for nothing.

I'll give it a try again, I just made sure that I had the old firmware though.
SanDisk User

[ Edited ]
Anyone else trying this again?  The zip and its contents have not changed since the original post.

So after all that we're back where we were 2 weeks ago??? I wonder why they removed the link? Maybe it wasn't supposed to be released back then, and further testing showed it was okay after all.

I've downloaded it "again" just in case.

EDIT: The new ZIP file is different. It now contains a Word document change log that wasn't in the original file!

Message Edited by bradavon on 02-19-2008 05:52 PM

So I can assume gapless and acelerated scrolling are not in this firmware??
SanDisk User

I would presume they would have mentioned them in the Change Log (first post) if they were.
SanDisk User

[ Edited ]
  • USB Mode default incorrectly set to MTP mode instead of MSC mode after restoring to factory settings
  • USB connection set to MSC mode may change to MTP mode after some usage

What do these mean? The only way to get into MSC mode is to use the MST trick and the View doesn't retain this when you unplug it anyway. I presume they're non-Windows systems.

I wish Sandisk would add a MSC/MTP Mode switch in Options. I only ever connect by MSC Mode.

Message Edited by bradavon on 02-19-2008 10:45 PM
Highlighted

Well, the audio side of things seems to be okay with this update, but 80% of my videos have suddenly become "unsupported format". Weird, since they're all basically the same format (MPEG4 Video (H264) 320x240 / AAC 44100Hz stereo). Guess I'll drop back down to 1.01.06A and tolerate the occasional lockup for now.
SanDisk User

My only real complaint is the User Interface seems to have slowed down across the whole unit.. I'm not sure if that was intentional or not, but scrolling/rotating through the main menu doesn't seem as "smooth" as it was before.   Also when I disconnect my View from my PC the unit  now takes a slight moment to actually exit it's mode, whereas it used to be near instantaneous;  again no idea if that was intentional.
SanDisk User

Choosing shuffle mode still causes slow interface problems...

Ply