Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Re: Sansa View Battery Replacement

There is a device called APC Mobile Power Pack. It is a small power pack that connects to any device via USB. I have used this on trips from the USA to UK on several times to charge my e280, Treo Phone, and various other things. It will charge a USB device about 3 times, or you can continually have it connected with your USB cable and it will give a constant power for quite some time...

You may want to take a look at either this or a similar device for additional power.
Highlighted

The APC Battery pack costs about $60
APC also makes a USB battery extender 
that uses 4 AAA cells for $9 or so at Amazon
Highlighted

They really need to atleast offer a battery replacement service or make all there models batteries replaceable by the user..  I just bought the sansa view but im thinking about returning it because I dont want to just dump it when it decides to stop working.
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Yes, I bought my wife an E280 for exactly that reason.  You give up a few features, but I just can't swallow the "disposable" approach with the View...
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Guys, I am sure that by the time the batteries start to go out, that someone will figure out how to replace them. In just the same way as someone has worked out how to replace ipod batteries. Personally, this doesn't concern me at all.

Also, by the time the batteries do go, most of us will probably be looking for something better by then. You are probably looking at 2 to 3 years usage minimum, I would have thought.
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Yeah thats proble true plus it should still work with the car charger even if the batterie dies completly , Im proble only going to use it while on trips in the car with a fm transmiter car charger.  So maybe i will keep the view I dont know still decideing Smiley Tongue

I could get circuitcitys protection plan and it covers 2 years for $24 I could just say the battery not lasting as long as it used to and they would give me a new one or giftcard for total I paid and I can get something else thats out by then.

Message Edited by Spectra260 on 12-12-2007 02:33 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Sansa View Battery Replacement Is Deal Killer

[ Edited ]

Well, I've got to say that the battery replacement thing is a deal killer for me. Replacable battery was the main reason I bought my Sansa e280. I guess in a worst-case scenario, you could probably still listen to it by plugging it in, but I don't understand why Sandisk would do something like this. Bad marketing move.

Not that the e280 doesn't have its problems. Sure you can replace the battery, but the up/down and other keys don't last as long as the battery. My navigation keys already are beginning to malfunction with my e280. It may be one reason the new View doesn't incorporate the same system.

The thinking at Sandisk is apparently this: by the time the battery goes belly up, technology will have rendered it worthless. Still, the battery thing is enough for me to hold off buying it or another e200-series.

Message Edited by Cold_Steel on 06-01-2008 11:23 PM
Highlighted

Check Ebay..I saw someone selling on there!
Highlighted

For all the people that still have a view or are planning to buy another one, Here are instructions on taking the player apart, cleaning the wheel, replacing the battery and screen, and main flash memory chips:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34095

The battery is replaceable. I ordered a replacement from a company in Hong Kong off ebay (link on anythingbutipod thread above), took ten days to ship to me but the total cost was only ~$14.50!

I just got it today (1/22/2010, installed it, and voila! working view with decent battery life once again =)

Hope this helps anyone that's still trudging the forums for answers to this too-long-unanswered dillema.

eljonny

Highlighted

Sounds like I should toss the 50$ sansa after 20 months.  I's dead and the battery won't charge.  I used it three times.  Junk products.