Highlighted

Sansa View 16GB problems: Pictures

I recently started having issues viewing pictures on my Sansa. I am able to download them with no problem from my computer to the Sansa, but every time I try to view a picture on the Sansa, it shows the pictures name or code in the space where the picture should be. Though, I can see what the picture is when I view them all as a Thumbnail. Please tell me if you know how to fix this.
Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Re: Sansa View 16GB problems: Pictures

I don't know. Never heard of that problem yet.
Highlighted

I know this is an older post but I am experiencing the same issue a View 8gb. Anyone else out there having this issue? Any fixes?
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Assuming you have back up copies of all the files on your computer, you could try re-formatting the player. On the player, go to More => Settings/Options => System Settings => Format. Be patient because it takes a while to complete (even when it says it's done it may not be totally finished yet). Then connect to your computer and put your files back on. For pictures you may be better off using the Sansa Media Converter software to make sure the images are in a correct format the player can work with.

As for others having issues or if there are any fixes... Virtually everyone that owns a Sansa View will eventually have problems with it because the firmware is full of bugs. SanDisk has not released any new firmware in almost a year now and it does not appear that they ever will. As such, people will always have problems with a Sansa View. Unless you are willing to put up with the hassles (and know how to deal with them), I'd suggest getting a device from some other (and likely better) company. Otherwise, if you want to stick with a Sansa then get a Fuze (it's the SanDisk player worth what you pay for it, other than maybe the Clip which does not do video or pictures).