Highlighted

Sansa Veiw 32gb OR Creative Zen 32gb? Please Help!

Okay my very first player ever was a 30gb Zen Vision M and It was fantastic! Very awesome player! I have gone through MANY mp3 players!, ipods, zunes, zens, but Ive never used a Sandisk before.

Now I have actually used a Zen 32gb and its great! Same quality as Vision m. So I stuidied up on the Veiw and I am VERY interested!

As far as features they seem almost identical, but the Veiw is very stylish and sexy lol!

So I can go out and buy the Zen right now or just wait till next month for the 32gb veiw. What should I do?

Can you guys give me suggestions, pros/cons? Thanks in advance!
Highlighted

Re: Sansa Veiw 32gb OR Creative Zen 32gb? Please Help!

also does the Sansa Veiw support Media Monkey for Syncing? That would be awesome!
Highlighted

After owning my Sansa View 16GB for 2 months, I would say go for the Zen. I have also read (Despite good professional reviews) that the Zen is buggy and has issues, but at least the sound quality is better...I would be very happy with my Sansa DESPITE all the bugs and lockups that can be triggered repeatedly (shuffling with play all, playing 'recently added' tracks), but I have never been happy with the power features or system options from SanDisk. First the player goes into standby and sucks up the battery life (all for a 5 second increase in boot time?) and now, at least for me, with the newest firmware the thing never fully shuts off but seems to sit in standby all the time. Hello SanDisk, can we please have the option to shut off this horrible standby feature?

Having owned the e200 series SanDisk players before the view, I can say that SanDisk has some of the worst programmers available for a higher end company and they continue their reputation for creating great hardware and then following it up with some of the most frustrating lack of foresight in firmware/software. I personally would not buy or recommend any more SanDisk products until they show some actual committment to TESTING their products (which I doubt will ever happen). It's unfortunate, because they have a good product in theory -- but if I were to do it again I would buy the Zen (And I still might). That's my bitter 2 cents.
Highlighted

kurt2439 wrote:
After owning my Sansa View 16GB for 2 months, I would say go for the Zen. I have also read (Despite good professional reviews) that the Zen is buggy and has issues, but at least the sound quality is better...I would be very happy with my Sansa DESPITE all the bugs and lockups that can be triggered repeatedly (shuffling with play all, playing 'recently added' tracks), but I have never been happy with the power features or system options from SanDisk. First the player goes into standby and sucks up the battery life (all for a 5 second increase in boot time?) and now, at least for me, with the newest firmware the thing never fully shuts off but seems to sit in standby all the time. Hello SanDisk, can we please have the option to shut off this horrible standby feature?

Having owned the e200 series SanDisk players before the view, I can say that SanDisk has some of the worst programmers available for a higher end company and they continue their reputation for creating great hardware and then following it up with some of the most frustrating lack of foresight in firmware/software. I personally would not buy or recommend any more SanDisk products until they show some actual committment to TESTING their products (which I doubt will ever happen). It's unfortunate, because they have a good product in theory -- but if I were to do it again I would buy the Zen (And I still might). That's my bitter 2 cents.

WOW! That sucks! could it be a problem with yours in particular? Any1 else have any opinions on the sansa veiw? Wow thats really dissponting to hear! Im still thinking..
Highlighted
SanDisk User

I went to Best Buy yesterday to test out the two mp3 players I was considering getting: The View, and the Zune 80.  I had done extensive research on both, and although I knew the View was big, I didn't know it was as big as it was.  It was cool seeing an updated version of my full e260R.  They had the 16GB one on display, with the normal $200 price tag.  Then there was the Zune... a full 80GB for only $50 more.  I found the Zune to be a nicer product in general, too.  I haven't gotten either yet, but the Zune seems better than anything else I've seen.

I do feel bad about leaving Sansa, though, if I get the Zune...
------
R.I.P J.F, F.W, M.F, S.R... You were all great friends.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Hi,

Very good question. Go with the View!!! I have both, the zen i have is in 8GB and the View is 16GB. The SD slot on the Zen is HORRIBLE!! Even though the menus are nicer the Zen tends to freeze more than my sansa view. I think that its just that view in particular, i've went through 3 sansa views and all i gotta say is they are a one of a kind player. If you want really good sound quality then go with the sansa view. And not only is it the player, you need nice headphones for good quality too. You can't just rely on the player to do it. The MicroSD slot will only drain the battery by a tinsy bit. The Zen's battery will almost shorten to half with the sd card in it. For the style i'd still go with the sansa view. The quality feels better compared to plastic everywhere on the Zen. Its your choice (i'd prefer to go with the sansa)
Highlighted

I have an 8Gb View & am probably going to return it for a Zen - I like the View, and find that comfort level w/ setting adjustments is progressing just fine. Haven't tried uploading videos but feel that the many tips available on this forum would lead to success. Sound is good too.
BUT: I also like to use an MP3 for audiobooks downloaded from my library's Overdrive Media service, which are DRM protected files & each book 'part' is usually longer than 75 minutes each; I knew that there was no bookmarking feature on the View for non-Audible.com files but I assumed [ass out of u & me] that I could just use fast forward & rewind when I lost my place; however when I looked at the REW/FFW feature - IT SUCKS is all I can say.
Can't get any sense from the projected newer View firmware update as to whether any of this will ever be resolved.
Reports from the Zen forum suggest that their new firmware resolved the earlier problems that seemed to plague the Zen - so I'm 95% sure I"m going to return the View & get a Zen
Highlighted
SanDisk User

I'm disappointed with Sansa's problems, I struggled with it 3 months, now is dead . Get the Zen.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

I got bored waiting for the View's problems to be fixed and received a 32GB Zen a couple of days ago. It is a more pocket-friendly shape while the portrait display orientation means that the text is much bigger.  So far I've had no malfunctions or lockups.

John
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Well put Kevin2439!