Highlighted

Sansa 8g View unresponsive

My View quit working one day, and became unresponsive. As a result, I completing all the normal troubleshooting tasks, such as switching the player to hold, holding the left rewind button, and etc. This worked fine, but my Windows Vista popped up with a message saying that it has found 'new hardware--Tango Media Platform' and it will not show the device as being connected until the driver software is found. Problem is, I don't have the disc that came with the View. I have the updated firmware, and when I try to open the Sansa Updater, it won't show the View as being connected, I think because of the driver software needing to be installed. If there is a link to this driver software, or if someone knows of any other way to get the View to be shown up on the computer or just working at all, I would greatly appreciate it!

Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Re: Sansa 8g View unresponsive

It wants your MTP drivers(in Device Manager). Just uninstall it, and plug it in again, and it will reinstall by itself.
Highlighted

I've tried that and each time, the same message comes up. Could it have anything to do with updating Windows Vista to SP1? I still haven't, and I was wondering if that could be a cause also.
Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

No, that shouldn't be the cause.