Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: Sandisk: These Are Features We Want

After nearly two weeks usage, my wish list is (most points have already been raised):

1.     Sort out the power management so that the battery run time gets somewhere near the claimed 35 hours: This includes:
        (a) Changing "goodbye" to mean off;
        (b) Avoiding unnecessarily use of backlight when the unit is operating in a pocket (I suggest the "lock" message flashes up for 1 second only)
        (c) Ensuring that the presence of an SD card does not reduce battery time.
2.     Either get the system to detect when the SD card is removed/inserted or providing a firmware option to disable the automtic database refresh when an SD card is in the slot in which case the users would need to manually force a refresh when the card is changed. The current database refresh on every startup is annoying, to say the least.
3.     An option to set MSC mode to be the default.
4.     An option to be able to use the View while charging it from a computer.
5.     And fix the existing bugs!

It would also be useful to have a small green LED which shows that the View is running (but this would need a hardware change).

John
Highlighted

I would like to be able to play my OGG format music
Highlighted

How about the owners manual actually telling you things you need to know like how to get into MSC mode?
Highlighted

I want more media formats, like Divx, avi, working mp4, mov, wmv, etc... Also, the last firmware update did not fix the screen flicker completely, and my videos are not in sync with their audio, and they freeze from time to time.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Yeah, that screen flicker needs to go. It's embarrasing when showing friends my View, I don't think they're impressed at all when they seen the screen flicker like a twitching eye!
Highlighted

I have had my view for a few months now and I love it.  I feel bad for those who took it back with out waiting for a few firmware revisions or just learning how to use it.  but here are a few tweaks i would make some probably have been mentioned else where but...

landscape orientation all the time if I'm playing a video or anywhere near the video menu or photo.  I don't like switching back and forth at odd times
better yet the option to always have landscape orientation for everything.  The viewing angle on the view is better on its side.  Most of the time my view is between my arms as I type (oh look there it is right now) and if it's not at 90 degrees to my face then the white text is very hard to read

no more white text,  user selectable would be nice.

radio icon on the main menu.

have the back light come on and switch to the next song in one click.  right now I have my back light turn off fairly quickly,  to skip to the next song I have to move the dial a bit or click twice.  I would rather be able to click once and then have the screen come on and move to the next song at the same time. 

Highlighted
SanDisk User

> have the back light come on and switch to the next song in one click.  right now I have
> my back light turn off fairly quickly,  to skip to the next song I have to move the dial a bit
> or click twice.  I would rather be able to click once and then have the screen come on
> and move to the next song at the same time. 

That should definitely be an option, and I think the workable way to implement it is a setting for something like "center button for backlight" or "home button for backlight" or something like that.  I mean, if we know we want to skip, we may not care what's next.  When I'm driving, I'm not looking at it anyway.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Much, much better Audible support.
   - Bookmarks!!! Why oh why!!
   -better chaptering. Give the user the option to chapter by bespoke timeframes e.g 5mins, 10mins, 15mins, 30mins, 1hr. As an extra option on the audiobooks menu this shouldn't be a massive undertaking

A much better fast forwarder.
   - Pressing fast forward should act like other remote fast forwarders and speed up the forwarding the longer you press.

Wheel Seek
  - Ability to use the wheel to SEEK along the length of an audio/video file. For a 5hr audio book waiting 30 minutes while you fast forward an hour or so it frankly ridiculous! 

Thanks

S
Highlighted

User option to set the number of songs in the buffer.
User option to turn off album art and scrolling song info

I think these two options would cure the hanging problem that occurs in shuffle mode.
Highlighted

screen orientation option:  landscape - portrait