Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Re: SYNCHRONIZE TO CONTINUE YOUR MUSIC SUBSCRIPTION

@UserIsUnreal wrote:

Ive Synchronized your player with the software that says your the best player, Sansa view...

Ive did everything and then some...

YOU HAVE BEEN REPORTED TO THE B.B.B.

Good Luck with the New Micro SDHC 12GB and 16GB Cards...

I know they will be better than your music players...

But do us all a favor, and stick to the memory and stay away from the Music Players... 

BIG deal....... I bet Sandisk is shaking becuase of your report. Oh and Good Luck with that......
Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

@UserIsUnreal wrote:

You have been reported to the BBB, "Better Business Bureau"...

We are not happy with your Music Player Products SanDisk...

Error this Error that...

- SYNCHRONIZE This SYNCHRONIZE That...

- An error has occurred with obtaining the devices internal clock...

- The Battery does not last as long as you say it does...

I have reported you... 

1. Re-issue track license, License device. If that fails, format the player. (If you've tried the player with Rhap, make sure to de-auth the device if you aren't using the service anymore). If they're CD's, make sure the Copy Protect feature isn't checked, and if not, format the player.

2. Internal clock - Format using WMP, or re-issue the secure clock through Rhapsody. If that fails, change ur comp's date to tomorrow, and change the player's date to match, then format. (Fix after that)

3. Batter not lasting - KNOWN ISSUE! .09 firmware causes lessened battery life, they're fixing it! This is a BEATEN ISSUE... we ALL KNOW

anything else?

o btw, if it's not working... um RMA. BBB isn't going to give a crap if SanDisk is/was willing to replace the device for you. But instead you file a BBB report... (When the company is willing to fix the problem, BBB isn't going to care) 

Having trouble with video transfer for your View? Try using the Any Video Converter (yes that's the name). It can be downloaded at www.any-video-converter.com (pick the free one) It's easy to use, just make it a .mp4
Highlighted

I had subscription to Music Engine (now defunk) and when it no longer honored subscriptions my sansa would not work either.  I figured this out myself... and it works for me

If you truly have a copy that is yours of a song on your computer, put the title in search on your computer.  You will find two (or more) versions on your computer.  Click on each to determin which one plays and which one is from the service.  Delete the one from the subscription totally (if you no longer subscribe you may also want to remove the parent program too)

After you remove the "false" version of the song see if your real copy (from your valid purchased source) will play.  If it is the only one on your computer it should load correctly on the Sansa. 

Also if you like interesting free podcast... go to Itunes and download any of the free podcast.

Free -- NPR shows like cartalk, all song sonsidered, and most of their other shows

Free -- Most big name religious speakers like Joel Olsteen, Joyce Meyers, many many more

Free -- Scientific podcasts from most big name universities

Free -- Walking or Jogging podcast

Free -- ALL SORTS OF STUFF from how to's to just nonsense.. But they are good listening. I download them from the Itunes site using Itunes program (free) then once they are on my computer I find them with my other program (Windows media) and SYNCHRONIZE the podcast to your Sansa  (THIS WILL NOT WORK FOR PURCHASED SONGS FROM ITUNES)  You must have a real Itunes player for Itune purchased material

Highlighted

The Sansa View is horrible in combination with Rhapsody.  It has been a nightmare with playlists, and subscription error messages 20 hours at least on the phone with customer service that is useless.

I am going to make a recording of the sessions with customer service and post to Youtube.  IT is unbelievable the copyright synch issues and how frustrating they are.

Go back to IPOD Go back to IPOD Go Back to IPOD.  at least it works.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

@Msong4u wrote:

The Sansa View is horrible in combination with Rhapsody.  It has been a nightmare with playlists, and subscription error messages 20 hours at least on the phone with customer service that is useless.

Rhapsody is a very poor fit with the View ... I never really figured out why.  But, the Rhapsody software is very buggy and messed up my playlists all the time. 

However, I switched to Napster and have no problems on my XP laptop.  For some reason, my View doesn't play well with my version of Vista, so I've got to take a couple of extra steps when using that combination, but the tracks all work and the View resync's every month, so I'm happy with it.  I've got about 10G of Napster tracks on my 16G View, and have very few problems.

Go back to IPOD Go back to IPOD Go Back to IPOD.  at least it works.

Well ... at least it works with *iTunes* ... but, you're SOL if you want to be a member of just about ANY other service.

Highlighted

guys ..help me out......i bought a player a year back...was working well....i am having this "synchronise to continue your music subscription problem" for the past 1 month...help me out..please,,,,,my e mail id is krishnanmit@gmail.com. if u have any good ideas suggest me
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Krishnan wrote:
guys ..help me out......i bought a player a year back...was working well....i am having this "synchronise to continue your music subscription problem" for the past 1 month...help me out..please,,,,,my e mail id is krishnanmit@gmail.com. if u have any good ideas suggest me

help urself out.....please,,,,, Search results... more Search results.... ok?
Highlighted

Sansa this sandisk device is TERRIBLE

first it keeps turning off randomely

it doesnt have nearly as much battery life as you say

it doesnt even work with rhapsody that well( i ran into a couple problems and just wasted a couple hours of my life)

it is slow as a B&*C&

you should be paying us to use it : )

Highlighted
SEP

Besides this "Synchronize to continue your music subscription" message I see a small yellow oval with an arrow part way round it, on the top left of the screen. This is a brand new sandiskplus. I don't have a subscription. I ripped music from 2 CDs and put on it and also downloaded a couple of podcasts. All the songs and the podcasts are there and will play when I open my Sandisk on my computer. On the Sandisk itself I cannot find the podcasts when I scroll through, and the only songs which will play are the 6 songs that came with it.  I have Windows media player 9.

Highlighted

Instead of copying the music directly to the player with windows explorer which will caus the Synchronize error, add the musit/audio to your Windows Media Library. This even worked with a book i downloaded from the library with Overdrive. For some reason one of my m players from sansa isn't recognized by Overdrive. I loaded the audio book onto another device that worked with Overdrive, then copied the files to a temporary folder. Opened windows Media Player and told it to add that directory to the library. From there, had Media Player synch the files to my M player. now it works.