Highlighted

Replacement LCD screen availability?

I have conducted a search but can not seem to find any answers.  My LCD is cracked and I have googled for a new screen, but can not find one.  The 'as is' models on ebay are fairly beat up.  As for contacting Sandisk, they were little help and did not seem to want to offer any assistance.  It is a 16GB View, and I used it twice. 

Does anybody know of a source that has replacement LCD screens?  

Highlighted

Re: Replacement LCD screen availability?

Try to ask the people at http://www.dragonlcd.com. They appear to be the manufacturers of the LCD, see if they can sell you a unit, although I don't think that's possible. I wish I'm wrong but I think you're pretty much stuck. Sandisk won't even replace the batteries LOL. **bleep** the minute we made business with them Smiley Sad
Highlighted

Thanks for the link Vancho.  I wish I knew about this before I bought the Sandisk product.  It is looking like I threw away almost $200 with the lack of customer support from Sandisk on replacement parts.  I should have researched this company better, now I know.
Highlighted

hey do you still the old mp3 play i need a new face plate with the wheel for my scandisk fuze the wheel is broke on it
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

The scroll wheel on the View will not work on the Fuze. They are mechanically different with different ribbon cables. No interchangeability on those.
8GB Blue FUZE w/The Original DIY Lineout Cable and AT Button H-Phones Fitted To AT WM5 Headband:All Custom Built
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Is the LCD assembly on the View removable and replaceable (as it is on the Fuze) or is it soldered to the PCB (as it is on the e200's)?
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Yes, it is replaceable with a ribbon cable to zif socket. Good luck finding one!
8GB Blue FUZE w/The Original DIY Lineout Cable and AT Button H-Phones Fitted To AT WM5 Headband:All Custom Built
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

What a difference a year makes!  We paid 200 bucks for our 16GB view, but just checking the recent prices, 80-99 bucks for a new one, and 65 bucks for a recertified refurbished used one, whatever that means.

Wife is pretty good about taking care of her stuff, but forget about kids, really have a large box of cell phones, digital cameras, notebooks that have been destroyed by our kids.  Major destructive force is one drop of water.  Got the notebooks working strictly by finding identical units that didn't have the same problem as my units.  May be far more difficult to find a broken View when trash cans are so near by.

My cell phone is six years old already, but last Friday, my cell phone company said come in and get a new phone for free.  Couldn't pass that up, so got the most expensive one they had without the web feature, they really nail you on that.  Got an LG Banter and I see it has full MP3 capability, but need a 16GB microSD memory card and a USB cable to use it.  Does have playlists, didn't fool with it yet, would cost 35 bucks for the memory and would have to find a 2.5 mm stereo plug to plug into my AUX input on my car radio, just about the only time I listen to music on those long drives I have to make.  See what happens.  But I see the price is really coming down on these things.