Highlighted

Refresh database problem

I was using my sansa without any problem but now i cant put any file to it. I'm using MSC mode, when i plug sandisk to my computer its seems alright then i put some mp3 file to the folder and unplug sandisk. Now sandisk show refresh database screen but its freeze. i wait so long but nothing happen. so i wil turn it off. so files are in sandisk memory but i cant see them because the database is not refreshed. I tried everything (device format, device format from computer,reset factory setings,install some old firmwares) but nothing work. thanx for advices.
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Re: Refresh database problem

try re-installing the firmware.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

You've got either a corrupted file or, more likely a song file with bad, or un-recognizable information in the ID3 tag (possibly even the wrong fromat ID3 tag), causing your player to hang-up when it encounters it during the refresh cycle.

This FAQ may help with both issues.

Highlighted

that was a first thing i tried...
Highlighted

Tapeworm: i tried many files... it cant be problem in this...
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Although it would involve re-loading all content back onto your player, you could try formatting it.

Maybe it's got a chicken bone caught in its craw, and just needs a good slap on the back to clear it out! Smiley Tongue