Highlighted
SanDisk User
Accepted Solution

RMA Process

Hi,

I've just RMA'd my 8G view which I bought in february (the process literally took about 2-3 hours from the time of call to the shipping of the mp3 player out). I was wondering.. approximately how long did any of you have to wait to receive the replacement? Also, the person told me that they will be replacing it.. so they will just send me a new one right.. and not a refurbished? I've had a ton of little problems but finally they built up by yesterday and I decided to RMA it before it was too late. My case had a bit of an opening on the side (it wasn't completely sealed) which allowed dust in and also made annoying sounds whenever pushed on the buttons; I hope they don't think I tried to disassemble it.. Also, the battery charging process was messed up.. I had to replug the charger 10-15 times to completely charge it so I usually just let it charge a random amount instead of doing that. I guess the firmware on the battery was screwed up and didn't detect the battery level correctly so I had to trick it into charging it completely. By that I mean, if i didn't replug the charger.. about 1-2 minutes after I disconnected the player it would drop a battery level which it wouldn't if I did the replugging. Yesteday, I started to have problems with the audio jack.. the headphone plug wouldn't stay in very firmly so I lost sound sometimes. There's also the random restarts (about 3-4 times a month) but that's just the firmware and I don't really care. By the way, do they have different batches by any chance (like they do in the CPU manufacturing where the older batches could be unlocked unlike the newere 'locked' ones).. I'm just wondering because maybe I got a bad batch or maybe it was old or something.. so I'm hoping to get a better one. Overall, I'm curious if I did the right thing to RMA it and also I'm wondering about the time it would take for me to get a new one?

PS: I live in Michigan btw.. for the shipment-related purposes..

PS2: Sorry for such a long post Smiley Tongue

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Re: RMA Process

Based on my experience, and I've done it 5 times, it'll take approximately a month from the time you send it and the time you get it back.  It takes about a week to get there, they'll have it about 2 weeks before they ship, about a week to get back to you once they do ship it.

I live in Michigan too.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

wtf?!

i read somewhere that the person got it back in a week.. and they told me 7-10 business days.. so i hope i get it at least before christmas.. ill just spam the technical support if they dont ship it back by end of next week

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

It takes 5 business days to get there via UPS (one week)... once they receive it they will put it the mail back to you in 7 - 10 business days (2 weeksa)... it takes 5 business days via UPS to make it to your door (1 week).

Spamming tech support won't get you anywhere.  You can track its progress via the UPS website while its in transit and your Sandisk Support eBox when they have it to see when they acknowledge receiveing and when they put it in the mail.  It has taken them up to a week to even ecknowledge that UPS deliverd my package and then another 10 days for them put it back in the mail. 

Highlighted
SanDisk User

I talked to another guy and the whole process took 2 weeks.. it takes 2 days to ship it to NC (according to UPS) and it takes 2 days to ship back (because I've gotten other stuff shipped from there) so hopefully it doesn't stay more than a few days at Sandisk. I'm having to use the old SDMX1-1024 DAP (bought in 2004).. that still works with no problems (except for the lcd).. obviously shows that Sandisk's product quality decreased since.
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Ok, well good luck... each and everytime I've done it (5 times to be exact) has been exactly as I described.  5 days in transit each way... sits there for 7-10 days before they ship it back.  And that was to NC.

I hope it works different for you.

Best of luck.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

So yeah.. about that 5-day shipping thing.. I sent it out on Dec 2nd and they received it yesterday (Dec 4th) so.. I'm hoping to get it by the end of next week or early the week after..
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Awesome, I'm glad its been faster for you.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Yay! They're planning to ship it out thursday.. hopefully I'll get it friday/saturday/monday Smiley Happy I guess they really improved the customer service, hopefully the product will be improved as well Smiley Happy
Highlighted
SanDisk User

[ Edited ]
Expected delivery: Monday Smiley Happy That's 13 days total!
Message Edited by specnaz01 on 12-12-2008 06:38 PM