Problems with Sansa View 8Gb with FM Radio

I have the sansa view 8 gb with fm radio. I have had it for about a month. The time doesnt seem to change anymore and the player freezes when I try to use the radio. I have tried everything I can think of to make it work.

Does anyone have an idea of what is wrong?

SanDisk User

Re: Problems with Sansa View 8Gb with FM Radio

funny i did a format to my player and im having the same problem, whats up with that???
SanDisk User

What firmware are you using?
SanDisk User

iv'e tried with both firmware versions but i prefer to use 01.01.06 simply for the battery performance issues, like i said strange , cause all worked fine 'till 'bout couple of weeks ago, my clock has frozen (ive tried to reset it a few times) and the radio crapped out . as soon as i try to use the radio it freezes. anywhere to get virgin factory files , maybe that'll fix it.

SanDisk User

Try formatting your device!!. or do a hard reset by holding the power button up for about 10 seconds and turn back on.
SanDisk User

ive formated this thing all ways possible and a hard reset is the only way i turn this unit off. ive had this player for about three months now and ive been all over these forums , i need virgin factory files or something of an equivilent because none of the firmware upgrades resolve the problem , nor does reformating , scandisk , or defragmenting.
SanDisk User

That is weird!!! I would take it back to where you bought it or call Sandisk for a RMA # for return.
SanDisk User

Sounds like you're going to have to exchange it.
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I've got the same problem with my 8gb View (I bought last November) and tried all the same recommended remedies (fallback to earlier firmware, format, autoscan, hardboot, everything!) and nothing works!  It started about 3-4 weeks ago when I was in a mall, listening to the FM radio and all of a sudden nothing but static!!!

Repeated emails back and forth with Sansa's support led to one result - return my View to place of purchase because they have no clue!

I've given up on trying to figure out what happened to the FM radio, but if anybody has a reasonably scientific theory I'd live to hear it!

J.

PS:  I also have a much older Sansa Express and it's FM radio works perfectly... so of course I've tried to tune them to the same radio stations at the same time... results: Express - Good,  View - Bad!

Message Edited by jsullivannyc on 05-15-2008 01:04 PM
SanDisk User

well that totally suxs , youd figure , as with many electronic devices nowadays , you'd be able just reflash the virgin file and update your firmware from there if you choose . its like that for my sat, its like that for my music equipment, its like that with my computer and i should be like that for my sansa which is a mini computer in itself. if return to point of purchase is the only option then that tells me that sandisk is sellin unsupported sh*t , i might a well buy my mp3 player from a guy in a long trenchcoat , he'll probably have unlocked iphones too , hey wanna buy a watch ???? too friggin much !!!