Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Possible to pause, turn off unit, then resume from previous point?

Every time the unit turns off, it goes back to the previous completed song, or podcast, that was played.  This is unbelievably annoying when listening to long files given that the FF is painfully slow.  I choose to 'pause' the current song/podcast, then choose to lock or just let it turn off by itself, but either way it reverts to the previously completed  file played.

Am I missing something?

Firmware version 01.03.02A.

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Re: Possible to pause, turn off unit, then resume from previous point?

If you pause and then YOU turn the player off, as opposed to letting it turn itself off, it will save the spot.  It will not save the spot if it turns off itself.

And when you turn it off hold the button for about 10 seconds or until you see the ring flash blue.  Otherwise it only goes into sleep mode and uses battery life.

Highlighted

Thanks for info, what you said worked perfectly!

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

My pleasure Smiley Happy
Highlighted

I have a similiar problem with Rhapsody Channels.  When I am listening to a channel, then I pause it, and power off the player (off button for 10 seconds). When I power it on again, if I go to that cahnnel, it always starts over again on track 1 for that channel. I thought I remembered that it would start on the next track from where it was shut off, but it doesn't seem to be doing that now. Anyone have any ideas. My next step is to re-format the player and re-load it.

Thanks,
Mark 

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

That one I can't help you with.  Sorry.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

@reefshark wrote:

I have a similiar problem with Rhapsody Channels.  

I had nothing but problems with Rhapsody Channels ... and, Rhapsody playlists for that matter.  No matter what I did, the Rhapsody software mangled playlists and (essentially) the Channels were just like playlists.

I switched to Napster and now only have problems because Vista doesn't like my View; everything works fine on XP.