Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Re: Playing Music While Charging?

[ Edited ]
NIckD, there has to be a female harness for OE radio in your vehicle.  This would allow you to change to a aftermarket radio without have to do ANYTHING to the factory OE male plug.  I bought a Sony Xplode for $63.00 brand new at BrandsMart.(It has the AV input, and 52watts per channel).  Sounds better than the FM mod set-up, and not much more coin...

Additionally, if you need two cigarettes ports, then buy them.  Advanced Auto parts carries a 1 to 2 splitter for about $12.00.  It's probably safer than splicing wires, and taking the chance of shorting out your View, or worse yet, you car's ECU. 
Just a suggestion....

Message Edited by randyjjtcc on 02-11-2008 12:18 AM
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Ha, for me, cigar plugs are kind of dumb, in my 88 Supra Turbo, my car, installed DC barrel type  receptacles, much  smaller hole to drill and a far better connection.  I put at nice sound system in our motorhome, that was a waste of time, some family members want to watch DVD's while others want to sleep.  In another vehicle with a lot of modifications, a drunk hit it while parked and totalled it, and even with a bitter fight with his insurance company, still never got all of my extra work back.
Also raised ten kids, four natural, adopted four, and two more on a second marriage, when I go on long business trips just with my German Shepherd, we like the radio off with the windows down and listen to the sound of the air or just peace and quiet.  With just my wife, we like to have a conversation on long trips.

Wife asked me if I wanted to buy my own View, said no, would never use it, while I love her very much, we do have a different taste in music.  We selected the View because it was just about the only MP3 besides the Ipod we could find a docking station for and she wanted that.  Her co-workers have Ipods and she being frugal, like me didn't want to pay that subscription charge every month, plus they are having problems too.  She also wanted the player, because in her work, at times, just has to wait and would like to listen to music while doing so.  Besides, I would have three vehicles to convert, the FM modulator works just fine, question of taste and convenience.

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

[ Edited ]
Understandable...  BTW "Sweet Ride"  My mechanic, has one, with a Skyline straight six, fully chromed, running about 18 psi boost. (Roughly 550hp) Smiley Surprisedbeautiful Car...  Take good care of her! Smiley Happy 

Message Edited by randyjjtcc on 02-11-2008 06:49 PM
Highlighted

Hiss and clicking in your car audio when charging the new Sansa is caused by a non-isolated audio output on the Sansa.  My new e280's (Rapsody and standard) both do it, but my old e270 standard didn't.   I'm not sure why they changed this, but I would guess was to make you buy their isolated DC/DC converter USB automotive chargers.  Does anyone know if the Sansa brand automotive USB chargers eliminate this issue?  Anyhow, if you want to charge the Sansa with a standard Buck-converter or linear USB charger, you have to make sure you're vehicle's auxilory audio jack input is isolated from chassis/battery ground.  Otherwise find or build an isolated output DC/DC converter.  What a PITA!  Or, if you are cool with the inferior sound of FM transmitters you can settle for that.
Highlighted

I take that back, an isolated auxilory jack will not solve it.  Chances are, you already have an isolated audio input in your car.  You need an isolated DC/DC converter.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

So in order to do this, I would need a mini-usb cable, then plug it into the dock. If I'm not mistaken, there are multiple types of mini-usb's available. Does anyone know what type the View takes?!
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Here is how you charge as well as listen to music. Its very important you follow the steps as mentioned below.

At this time do not connect your USB to the Computer / Laptop.

Open the music file you want to play.

Play once and Pause the same.

This is the trick how to chrage and play (music or recorded voce) Smiley Happy

Leave the device as-is / without touching the button till the Sansa scandisk autodetects no action and shuts down automatically (With a good bye message)

Again connect the USB back to Sansa scandisk and that will directly take you to the file where you left earlier.

TaDa!!!! there you go, you can listen to music as well as charge your Sansa Scandisk on your Laptop / Computer.

Enjoy!

Rakesh Rai

<script type="text/javascript" src="resource://fpi/injected_script.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="resource://fpi/injected_script.js"></script>