Highlighted

Pathetic support from Sansa

I've been a devoted Sansa user for many many years.  I started with a 4GB m260, that I still use a lot; migrated to a e240, which I dearly loved (haven't used that one since I got stuck in a hard rain and the player became to wet to be of any use) then purchased a 16GB View for me, and a 8GB Clip for my wife.  Like I said, I still use the m260, and my wife loves the Clip.  If I hadn't bought the View I would still be a devoted fan of Sansa.  But I bought the View expecting great things.  Unfortunately after I bought it the screen quit working.  Sansa was there Johnny on the spot and replaced it.  I was very impressed.  But when I got the new one back, and tried to use it, I found it doesn't do squat as far as playlists.  I have literally spent a good 9 months and hundreds of hours trying every trick and technique I can find to create a playlist.  To no avial.  I've used Sansa media converter, Rhapsody, Music Jukebox, Windows media player 10 and 11, and Winamp, all on three different machines, using various Tag editing programs.  Still no playlists. Doesn't seem to be a problem on my wife's Clip, or my m260, or even my e240 when I had it, but not the View.  So now I'm trying to keep up with all of the players that Sansa is abandoning (including the Clip, the View, and others) to be replaced by other obviously buggy and expensive players.   I really hate to say it, because of the way Sansa is cranking out new players, with no real dedication to players that aren't even that old, I have now started thinking of buying an I-pod.  I would think that if Sansa didn't want the competition to win the race, they would pay attention to their loyal fan base, the people who have tried to stay devoted to their players, in spite of the piss-poor idea of just simply cranking out new units that don't do anything new at all.  I would willingly pay for another View if I knew I could make it work the way I wanted it to, the way it was advertised.  Looks like Apple does have the right idea, and Sansa does not.  I give Sansa high marks for replacing my first fautly View, and great scores for having older units that still perform.  But their attitude in the new world sux...
Highlighted

Re: Pathetic support from Sansa

Agreed. I posted a simple question about the fuze on the respective forum, and got a purely smartass response from a moderator. If that person worked for me, he would be fired on the spot, no questions asked. If this is the way Sandisk chooses to be represented, well, I will never again purchase a Sandisk product.
Highlighted

I feel your pain.  Loved my e260.  Needed an upgrade so I stuck with Sansa, but they STUCK ME IN THE BACK with the horrible View.

Highly disappointed, looking to jump ship soon.  I'm tried of it freezing all the time, still won't go join the iPod crowd though.

Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Frist View we purchased was from BestBuy, took it home and could spin that knob until you were blue in the face, every once in a while it would skip.  I knew I had two weeks to return it and I did.  The first thing they did was hand it to a little kid, hides someplace, but the clerk tells me that View is fine.  Said bring that kid back and let me watch him spin that wheel, they refused to do that, neither the kid nor my View. 

Now that is a darn good reason to get teed off and I did, and I did make a scene.  So they couldn't offer me another unit as they were out of stock, so offered to give me a gift certificate instead.  At that time I was really red in the face and demanded a full refund and said I am not leaving here until I get it.  They gave me a full refund.  We did buy a View from another source that was and still is troublefree, but is this the fault of Sansa or the dealer you purchased it from?

Most stores will sell you a maintenance plan that lets you return it to the same store for a replacement, did you buy that maintenance plan.  Sansa also has a warranty, did you send it in?  All these terms are spelled out in the purchasing agreement, did you read it?

Was at my cell phone dealer on black Friday, giving away free cell phones that morning, so it was packed.  This guy walks in, bucks the line and slams down his four month old phone saying it was bad out of the box.  So why didn't he return it within their 30 free period?  The dealer opens the battery door, removes the battery, and that white label was a dark green meaning it was soaked, but the guy claimed he was a liar as his phone never did get wet.  He had no insurance plan on his phone, said all of us other people are idiots for dealing with this cell phone dealer.  Now I did take offense to that remark.  It's not only Sansa, but all this Made in China crap is the same way, and even the sweat of your hands can destroy it.  Should shop around for a waterproof model, good luck.

We picked Sansa because it was the most generic model for our use and about half the price of those other dedicated units where you just license the music you think you are buying.  When we take it with us, always have a zip lock bag in my pocket, can get stuck in the rain, very cheap protection.

A good argument is if Sansa does not live up to the terms of their agreement with you, that is spelled out in the warranty.  But you never stated how Sansa cheated you by not living up to their terms of the agreement.