Highlighted

No power - can't even recharge using usb connector or ac adaptor

I was using the Sansa View 8gb earlier and thought the battery ran out so when I returned home, plugged it in to the usb port and noticed that there was no recognition that it was working, so tried the ac adaptor and the 'green' light was on, also indicating that it was not registering the product.  I've tried turning it on but no activity is showing anywhere.  I'm really hoping there is a simple solution to this as we have alot of music downloaded on it and I would hate to start from scratch.  Can someone help me??
Highlighted

Re: No power - can't even recharge using usb connector or ac adaptor

My Sansa view just did the same tonight...I set it in video and locked it so it would end and be locked...when I went to turn it

on...nothing....I pluged it into the wall with the adapter and still nothing. I then took the 30 pin cable, inserted it into my USB port and

then connected it to the  view input and again...nothing no light or sign of life. The computer did not recognize the port that it was

connected into.  I just got this in Feb....I have over 6 gigs of down loaded music in it...I'd hate to loose it. Any one have any suggestions?

jhumphrey

Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Try a hard reset by holding the power button up for about 10 seconds and turn back on.
Highlighted

Well, I solved my problem....took it back to Best Buy and got a new one....talked to tech support this morning and they had me try several different ways to try to restart it....nothing worked...seemed like the battery may have been shot....I used it a lot...for music...photos and video....at work...in the car...at home through the Bose....had over 6.5 Gigs of stuff on there....now I am going to have to redo all of it....I even bought the a/v cables to connect it up to the tv to watch videos.

I charged it twice a dy....had a charger cable for the car...computer and ac wall adepter....it must have played a solid 6 to 8 hours a day.    I only bought it 2/11/2008....hope the new one holds up better than this one....

jhumphrey

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Short battery life is due to the .09A firmware.  Your Vie...

Short battery life is due to the .09A firmware.  Your View probably automatically updates to the new firmware 9.09A) via the Sansa Updater...  If you roll back to the previous firmware (.06A,) you will be OK...

BTW - If you try and charge using the .09A firmware, and it does not show the lightning bolt, to indicate charging...  Then put the player into to sleep mode. Then turn it back on immediately.  Then do a power down (BY holding the power bottom for 15 seconds.  Then when you plug in, the lightning should return indicating you are charging...  Once you see, the lightning bolt, put the View back into sleep mode (By holding the power bottom for 3 to 5 seconds.) If you do it correctly you will see a large battery indicator he screen... 

Highlighted
SanDisk User

AAAAGH I HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN WITH MY BEUTIFUL <I'm weird, ok?> NOW DEAD 8GB SANSA E280R JUST EARLIER THIS WEEK! I cried for 40 minutes and got an all day headache. Then my mom took it back to the store while I was at school and came home with a View, saying it was the replacement model they had for it. While I was at school that day, a friend told me of a previous MP3 player she had <I don't remember what brand she said it was> and that the same exact thing had happened and that it had died cuz the battery went kaplut on her. Yahh so that's what happened to mine... the battery was almost fully charged and it couldn't get any power... wouldn't charge or be recognized... Yep the cure is take it back and get a replacement. It's especially easy if you have the Best Buy warranty. WOW I wish I had found this thread the day it died, maybe then I wouldn't have flooded the house... Smiley Wink
Highlighted

Thank you that did it