Re: New Firmware 1.03.02 is out

Root Directory? Where is that? On the Device itself, or............?

I'm pretty good with the tech stuff, but I don't know where this file is located.

SanDisk User

root directory is literally the root directory meaning it is the origin of the filesystem (X:\ in windows or / in unix).. basically the place you go to when you click "Internal Filesystem"
Highlighted

Encouraging.

Battery life seems reasonable, and it's nice to be able to rewind tracks at last.

I did have one lock-up, but to be honest, I think one of the dimes that was occupying the same pocket happened to pay a little visit to the edge connector. Oops.

Keep it up.

How about Gapless Playback and decent Rewind and Fast Forward. These were the two things I needed fixed.

If you try to play a continuous album, such as a live album, that happens to have track marks, will the new firmware play it straight through or does it still stop for a couple of seconds at each track mark?

The message announcing the availibility of the new firmware says: "Improved WMV rewind and fast forward performance"

Does that mean rewind is only improved for Windows Video? What about MP3s or WMA files?

Anyone that has tried the new firmware have an opinion on these topics?

Thanks,  Eric

SanDisk User

@Obdoakes wrote:

How about Gapless Playback and decent Rewind and Fast Forward. These were the two things I needed fixed.

If you try to play a continuous album, such as a live album, that happens to have track marks, will the new firmware play it straight through or does it still stop for a couple of seconds at each track mark?

The message announcing the availibility of the new firmware says: "Improved WMV rewind and fast forward performance"

Does that mean rewind is only improved for Windows Video? What about MP3s or WMA files?

Anyone that has tried the new firmware have an opinion on these topics?

Thanks,  Eric

See my post on this thread from 7/3/08.

@specnaz01 wrote:
root directory is literally the root directory meaning it is the origin of the filesystem (X:\ in windows or / in unix).. basically the place you go to when you click "Internal Filesystem"

So, the internal Filesystem of The View, right? I'm trying to make sure everything is right, so I don't mess up my device or my computer......
SanDisk User

UNCOMPRESS

in the 16MB Format to put the firmware in

in the UNCOMPRESSED FIRMWARE go in the folder till u get to the 3-5 files then put in directory

this worked for me

When playing an mp3, I press the center button, and it shows "adding to Go List" like before.  But with the new firmware, it's about 50/50 whether or not it really gets added to the Go List.  I hadn't noticed this problem with earlier firmware.

Anyone else notice this?

SanDisk User

I've been using this firmware since it came out and it has fixed the shuffle playback issue.  However the battery life is awful (8-12 hours of audio at half volume with the screen brightness set at about 1/4. and the backlight at 10 seconds).  There is a new bug where the song title does not change.  It changes the artist, album title and album art but not the song title.  I hate to go back to 1.01.06 but I get at least twice the battery life when using that firmware.
SanDisk Senior User

Audible bookmarking is an issue and should be fixed in the next firmware release.  Whenever that may be...who knows.

Go Sansa!