SanDisk User

Re: New Firmware 1.03.02 is out

its been 17 hours and its at half.
SanDisk User

i like to think positlve but 6 months and only this. MAKE BETTER FIRMWARE

[ Edited ]
Don't be scared. It's easy to switch back to another firmware. And it's easy to recover if you manage to screw up the firmware. If you're satisfied with your current set of features and bugs, then there might not be much of a point, but don't be scared to try. I think the fixes usually outweigh the introduction of new bugs, but I haven't tried this latest update. I will now. If I have any more problems with this firmware than I have with the older one, I'll be back here to complain. If I don't come back to complain you can assume that it worked fine for me.
Message Edited by cRACKmONKEY421 on 06-28-2008 11:38 PM
SanDisk User

I've also got an album art bug as well. When I have the settle for album art to be shown when browsing through albums it displays a completely wrong cover. I know this is the new firmware because it was absolutely fine before.
SanDisk User

Pros for 1.03.02 over 1.01.06:

• Video doesn't seem to crash as often
  • Rewinding bug is fixed (still slow as hell though)
  • All the videos are bookmarked automatically instead of just one
  • USB Mode Selection (This can be achieved on any firmware by modifying the sysconfig.xml and changing the region)

Cons of 1.03.02 over 1.01.06:

• Lagging scrolling once music is playing
  • Animation glitches when playing from a huge album or all the songs
  • Sometimes bitmap is corrupt (usually after wallpaper change)
  • You cant switch videos by pressing foward or back now, it's so stupid you have to actually go to the menu first
  • Videos (and music sometimes) take a lot longer to go back to the menu or list or w/e.. sometimes takes up to 2-3 seconds for any response
  • Still crashes once in a while
  • Most likely crappier battery life

Since I'm not an avid video user on this, 1.01.06 advantages definitely overweigh those of 1.03.02.

PS: I don't think many people knew this but in 1.01.06 a feature was introduced which allowed people to resume playback of any podcast from the last location even if other songs, videos, or podcasts were played.. VERY USEFUL imo and I give big props to SanDisk for doing this.. and I take much respect away for the bugs

SanDisk User

So it provided more bad than good

the podcast thing I noticed but y can't they have Home>More>Podcast>series>episodes

Well, I can't say I'm disappointed.. because I wasn't expecting much in the first place. 

I will say though... for having waited 6 months for this... I'm underwhelmed.   Smiley Indifferent

SanDisk User

battery for me is good i got 30 hours of playback and it has 2233 songs and it was set on factory settings.
SanDisk Senior User

The firmware is great. I have no problems with it, and I never did. Theres also an option for the video out now. I also noticed that the colour hue is different on mine now. It makes it stand out, looks sharp. Great work Sandisk!!
Highlighted

@futuristicmilo wrote:
It does fix itself when you reset the player but this is just not good enough.

I admit Sandisk's View firmware history isn't the greatest and I've yet to try this firmware, but it seems a little unfair acting all indignant because you had to reset the player after flashing its firmware. Show me a device that doesn't have to restart once its firmware has been flashed, and I'll show you a device that didn't have its firmware updated.