Highlighted

Need some help please,

I have a lot of duplicate songs in my sansa view and i don't wantto look for them one by

one.

I want to find and delete them all together maybe someone can help me and tell me if there is a way to do this?!

Thanks anyway,

Gony. 

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: Need some help please,

I've had a lot of good luck managing the files on my View using WinAmp. It's the most convenient music organizer I've used for working with the contents of my View (finding songs/artists/albums/whatever). You can delete or re-tag files easily and WinAmp can create new playlists directly on my View without needing to sync anything!
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

DirePenguin, if you don't mind, could you go into more detail?

I've been trying every way I can think of, and my View & WinAmp won't play nice together.

Can't really tell which freezes/locks up first, because they both go non-responsive almost instantly. The view will flick in & out several times under portables in WinAmp, then disappears & locks up. At that point, WinAmp is also non-responsive. I even completely uninstalled my WinAmp & downloaded the latest version (free). No love. Smiley Sad 

I've been using WinAmp for years, and really would like to be able to use it with my View. Right now, I'm stuck with WMP10. (can't use 11) But it lists most of my music as "album unknown", and no album art. I have all my music well tagged with WinAmp, but none of that seems to carry over to WMP10.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

What OS are you using? I can't get WinAmp to work on my home Vista machine (nor can I get *most* features of my View to work reliably on Vista -- even dragging-and- dropping in MTP mode!! Smiley Sad ); but it works perfectly well on my (work) XP laptop. I hate to put it this way, but if it works, it works. There are no glitches or slowdowns or lock-ups when I use it on XP. I can see my entire View and sort/organize however I want (even retagging!). Occasionally, about 1 in 10 uses, WinAmp crashes and wants to be debugged (!?!), but a quick reinstall fixes that. Are all of your USB/MTP drivers up to date? You can check by going into Device Manager and clicking on the View when it's plugged in. You can delete it as a device (which will cause it to reinstall the drivers) or just Update the drivers (which never seems to do anything on my Vista machine).
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

I'm using XP Pro, SP2. I'm not dealing with SP3 until I'm forced into a reinstall.

I'll check on the USB/MTP drivers in the next couple of days when I hook up my view. That is something I haven't tried yet.

*crosses fingers*

It's funny... some people have no problems whatsoever, and then others have nothing but problems.

Like I said above, I've never gotten the View & WinAmp to play together. It shouldn't be this much aggravation.

I tried getting assistance on the WinAmp forums, but the only answer I got was someone who recommended this forum. LOL!

I've been on this forum since Christmas, 2007 when I got the View.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Yeah, that's the most disappointing thing about the View ... there seems to be such variation in people's experiences!

I have very few problems with mine (except that it absolutely refuses to work smoothly with Vista); it rarely hangs up and I listen on Shuffle/Repeat all day long!

Even so, I'm really looking at the Cowon S9 as a replacement this Christmas.  Seems like a really solid player with great support from it's company (they release new FW almost every month and the actually ADD features!).  Only the lack of expansion/SD slot gives me pause....

Good luck getting your View to work with WinAmp ... if you can work out the problems, you'll find it probably the most convenient way of working with your View's files!